News By Tag
News By Place
Climb Kilimanjaro, Meet Maasai Warriors, and Come Face to Face with the “Big Five”
Sign Up Today for Paragon Expeditions' Kilimanjaro and Safari Expedition
From the snow-capped peaks of massive dormant volcanoes to the baobab trees strewn about the Great Rift Valley’s seemingly endless expanse of savanna, Tanzania teems with natural beauty. With more than 120 individual tribes and bountiful populations of elephants, large cats, wildebeest, and zebra, few places in the world can match Tanzania in cultural and geographical magnificence. Hiking far above the clouds on the world’s highest freestanding mountain, travelers will have the opportunity to witness a spectacular sunrise from the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro before embarking on a weeklong safari to some of Africa’s finest national parks and conservation areas. Trip highlights include:
· expert guided climb to the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro:
· 5 days on safari with opportunities to encounter vast herds of wildebeest and zebra, lions and leopards, rhinos, elephants, and much more;
· guided safari in the Ngorongoro Crater: World’s Largest Intact Crater & UNESCO World Heritage Site;
· exploration of the Great Rift Valley & guided tour of Mary Leakey’s famous excavations site at the Olduvai Gorge;
· tour of a traditional maasai village in the Serengeti.
Like all of Paragon’s journeys, the Kilimanjaro & Safari trip will provide travelers with a unique opportunity to give back to the local community and help achieve the following missions:
1. Kilimanjaro Porters Assistance Project: To improve the working conditions of the porters on Mt. Kilimanjaro.
2. Africa’s Promise Village: To provide critically needed clean water, green energy, and educational resources to poverty-stricken children in Tanzania.
3. Courage Worldwide: To build courage houses for child victims of sex trafficking and help restore their lives in the process.
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity!
About Paragon Expeditions: