News By Tag
* Appliance Repair
* Rio Rancho NM
* Appliance Service
* Rio Rancho New Mexico
* Oven Repair
* More Tags...
News By Place
Nuking Tips for Microwave Oven Users Provided by Rio Rancho New Mexico Appliance Repair Expert
One of the greatest inventions of the twentieth century is the microwave oven, and over ninety percent of Americans have one.
Frequently, when he goes out on an service call, Manny notices common habits among appliance users that lead to early breakdown, such as improper loading of a washer or dryer, or putting food wrapped in foil or a non-microwavable container into the microwave oven.
Here are some microwave oven related tips that Manny provides while he is on a service call:
• Stir and/or turn food during cooking for even heat distribution.
• Use low power settings for defrosting food and softening butter or cream cheese.
• Use a medium power setting for reheating food.
• Use a high power setting for quick cooking and heating water.
• Use only microwave-safe containers. Avoid cooking in plastic containers unless they are labeled microwave-safe.
• Do not warm food in containers like those from yogurt, soft margarine or cottage cheese.
• Glass and ceramic dishes or paper plates are best for microwave cooking.
• Do not place foil, brown paper bags or foam-insulated cups in the microwave.
In addition to the above, Manny suggests an easy tip for cleaning the inside of the microwave, "To clean up splattered food inside the microwave oven, heat a bowl of water with lemon juice on high power for five minutes, then leave the door shut for an additional five minutes. Wipe down with a solution of one cup of water with one tablespoon of baking soda."
About Ortega's Appliance Service Today, Inc.:
Manny Ortega operates Ortega's Appliance Service Today, Inc. Since 1975, their factory trained technicians have provided appliance repair. Types of appliance repair include: refrigerator repair, freezer repair, clothes washer repair, front load clothes washer repair, dryer repair, dishwasher repair, microwave oven repair, stove / oven / ranges / cook top repair, trash compactor repair, garbage disposal repair, and ice maker repair.
Ortega's Appliance Service Today, Inc.
P.O. Box 31006
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87190
Phone: (505) 884-9177
Submitted By: Right Now Marketing Group, LLC
Imagine Something Worthy LLC