News By Tag
News By Place
St. Meyer & Hubbard Launches LinkedIn Workshop for Financial Professionals
One-day Playbook helps bankers use LinkedIn to become trusted advisors
In a 2013 survey of bank relationship managers and business development officers:
• Only 41% said they are encouraged by their bank to use social media channels such as LinkedIn as a sales tool; 35% are encouraged to use it for business development.
• 10% said they are encouraged to communicate with customers and prospects and share content via social media.
• 3% reported a proactive effort at their bank to share online resources with customers and prospects.
• Meanwhile, 37% of commercial officers are prohibited from using social media sites such as LinkedIn while at work; 57% of bank CMOs said the same.
“Success in sales has always been about relationships, and today a huge share of partnership-
In response to numerous requests from clients, St. Meyer & Hubbard has developed a bank-specific workshop to teach LinkedIn best practices. LinkedIn Value Strategies is a one-day Playbook for senior executives, business and commercial bankers, branch managers and any other financial services professionals engaged in social networking.
Led onsite by a St. Meyer & Hubbard senior consultant, LinkedIn Value Strategies covers the key operational aspects of using LinkedIn as well as how to use it as a value tool, prospecting tool and networking tool.
With a hands-on model, the Playbook enables participants to connect theory to practice and solicit feedback from the workshop leader and peers. Bankers use in their profile in the workshop and create an action plan for maximizing their LinkedIn time investment.
“Effectively investing time on LinkedIn is one of those key activities that we know we should do but there are so many other competing priorities,”
LinkedIn Value Strategies learning points includes:
• Profile optimization and visibility through creative structure and regular updating
▪ Connections – building a strong and viable network through targeting, utilizing customized requests and leveraging the second level
▪ Recommendations and endorsements – asking for and providing them within bank policies
▪ Groups to join, how to provide insight and how to leverage group members as new connections
▪ Prospecting through introduction requests, InMail and Tagging
▪ Preparing for calls using LinkedIn as part of the process
▪ Maintaining contact by recognizing key personal events and utilizing Pulse as a subject matter expert tool
▪ LinkedIn etiquette – do’s and don’ts, avoid spamming and keeping a professional persona
▪ Time management skills through a sample implementation and personal action plan
“In 2014 the Relationship Manager that is successful must also become a Resource Manager, providing value to the marketplace. It’s the fastest way to Trusted Advisor status,” Hubbard said. “LinkedIn is an amazing platform for bankers to establish themselves as Resource Managers. Based on our study and our work with more than 300,000 bankers, the opportunity for breakthrough results for those willing to be ‘socialpreneurs’
St. Meyer & Hubbard will begin offering the LinkedIn Value Strategies workshop to financial institutions with groups of 12 or more in February 2014. For more information, visit www.stmeyerandhubbard.com/
About St. Meyer & Hubbard
St. Meyer & Hubbard is a boutique training, coaching and performance consulting firm that exclusively works in the financial services space. Areas of specialty include sales and sales management in retail, wealth management and business banking. Visit the company at www.stmeyerandhubbard.com and join their Business Banking Network group on LinkedIn.
Jack Hubbard, Chairman and Chief Sales Officer