News By Tag
News By Location
ISIS Announces New Board Members
International Species Information System (ISIS) announces the results of its most recent 2014 Board of Trustees election.
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA – 9 January 2014 - International Species Information System, (ISIS), the global leader in animal management and conservation collaboration solutions for over 830 zoos and aquariums, announced the election of executive officers for the 2014 Board of Trustees. The executive officers that will lead the ISIS organization include:
· Vice Chair: Mr. Jonathan Wilcken, Auckland Zoo, New Zealand
"The ISIS Board has historically had strong, effective leadership,"
This election also marks the selection of new Institutional and Association Board of Trustee members for three-year terms:
· Institutional Trustee: Dr. Paul P. Calle, Wildlife Conservation Society, United States. Chief Veterinarian and Director of the Zoological Health Program based at the Bronx Zoo; responsible for the Clinical and Pathology Departments for WCS’s Zoos and Aquarium, and Chair of the WCS IACUC. Past president of the American Association of Zoo Veterinarians, Diplomate of the American College of Zoological Medicine.
· Institutional Trustee: Mr. Frank Carlos Camacho, Africam Safari, Mexico. Board member of the International Elephant Foundation, Board of the Tapir TAG of the AZA, President of the International Eagle Foundation, Board of ALPZA.
· Institutional Trustee: Mr. Mark Challis, Belfast Zoological Gardens, Northern Ireland. Manager of Belfast Zoological Gardens since 2006. Member of the BIAZA Membership and Licensing Committee, and BIAZA Council. Chair of the EAZA Technical Assistance Committee, and member of the EAZA Council.
· Association Trustee: Mr. Jonathan Wilcken, Auckland Zoo, Zoo and Aquarium Association (ZAA - Australia). Director of Auckland Zoo since 2007. Past Executive Director, Zoo and Aquarium Association.
"This is already turning out to be an exciting year for ISIS with the upcoming April launch of the ZIMS with Medical product module,” stated Jim Fleshman, Chair of ISIS. “Jonathan, Mark, Frank, and Paul each bring impressive community leadership experience – in our growth markets of Australasia, Europe, Latin America, and in supporting needs of our important veterinarian members - to contribute to and accelerate our ongoing success.”
About International Species Information System (ISIS)
International Species Information System (ISIS), a non-profit founded in 1974, provides membership services to over 830 institutions in 84 countries. ISIS software solutions have long been recognized as the world-standard in facilitating collaboration in animal information management and conservation within the zoological and aquaria communities. The largest industry database, containing detailed information on more than 2,800,000 animals and 10,000 species, supports important global initiatives in conservation, population sustainability and bio-diversity.
ISIS invites those interested in learning more about the organization and membership to contact J. Peter Donlon, Director, Global Member Development at email@example.com.
J. Peter Donlon