News By Tag
News By Place
Puzzlemaster Will Shortz Steps to the Stage on the GingerNewYork TV Show, New York City
Will Shortz Crossword Editor for The New York Times Promotes the 37th Annual American Crossword Puzzle Tournament. This Championship is the World's Oldest and Largest Crossword Event. GNY, Friday February 7th, Time Warner Cable, Channel 34, 2pm EST
* Crossword Editor, The New York Times (since 1993)
* Puzzlemaster, NPR's "Weekend Edition" (weekly, since 1987)
* Founder and Director, the American Crossword Puzzle Tournament (annual, since 1978)
* Founder and Director, the World Puzzle Championship (1992 and 2000); U.S. Team Captain (1993-98) and Director (since 1999)
* Co-founder, the World Puzzle Federation (1999); Chairman (1999-2004, 2010- )
* Editor, Games magazine (1978-93)
* Riddle Writer, "Batman Forever" (1995)
* Author/Editor of more than 500 books, including “The Puzzlemaster Presents” (Vols. 1 and 2), “Will Shortz’s Tournament Crosswords,”
* A.B., Indiana University, 1974; Individualized Major Program; holder of the world's only college degree in Enigmatology, the study of puzzles; thesis on “The History of American Word Puzzles Before 1860”
* J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1977
Photo Credit: Donald Christensen
* Convention Program Director, the National Puzzlers' League (annual, since 1976); also historian (since 1992)
* Owner of more than 25,000 puzzle books and magazines dating back to 1533, the world's largest library on the subject
* Owner/Director, the Westchester Table Tennis Center, Pleasantville, NY, the largest table tennis facility in the U.S.
* Subject of the feature documentary "Wordplay" (2006)
* Guest star on “The Simpsons,” (November 2008(, and “How I Met Your Mother,” (May 2010)
Upcoming Event Information:
American Crossword Puzzle Tournament
March 7-9, 2014
Brooklyn Bridge Marriott, Brooklyn, New York
Approximately 1,000 participants are expected.
GingerNewYork found on Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN) since launching in November, 2010, has been showcasing the “Kool Kats…Gotham Nights” greats of music and culture of New York and beyond. What defines GingerNewYork is its host Ginger Broderick’s unique insight, connection to and pulse on the music and culture of Gotham making GingerNewYork one of the most sought after programs to appear on.
GingerNewYork can be seen in Manhattan on Time Warner Cable Channel 34, Fios Channel 33, and RCN Channel 82, every Friday afternoon at 2pm EST. It can also be seen live streaming on the Manhattan Neighborhood Network's website, www.mnn.org, Channel 1.
About GingerNewYork host Ginger Broderick:
Broderick perhaps better known to many as “The Media CPA” is a fixture on the media circuit.
Ms. Broderick appeared regularly for eight years on weekend morning financial segments for WABC Eyewitness News. She has appeared on Good Day New York, WNBC, CNBC, CNN, Fox Business News, Bloomberg, NY1 and WOR Radio discussing tax-related issues. She has interviewed with top financial publications such as The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and Wealth Manager.
Ms. Broderick completed her TV Producer’s Certification at Manhattan Neighborhood Network and launched her own talk/variety show, GingerNewYork. Segments of the show are aired LIVE at the MNN studios and taped at the Gibson Guitar showroom/Rehearsal Studios in New York City.
Broderick is a faculty member of Queens College/CUNY Continuing Education Program. Broderick obtained a B.S. degree in accounting from St. John’s University in New York City and is a Certified Public Accountant licensed in the State of New York.
Show Contact Information:
GingerNewYork 'Kool Kats...Gotham Nights'
Photo of Ms. Broderick Courtesy of Rasheem Morris
Page Updated Last on: Feb 01, 2014