News By Tag
News By Location
Collaboration at Community Country & Regional Level should be Key Focus for East African Oil & Gas
‘Collaboration at Community, Country and Regional Level should be Key Focus for the East African Oil and Gas Industry’, states new whitepaper.
The whitepaper summarises conclusions from the high-level discussions, which took place at the CWC East Africa Oil & Gas Summit 2013. The summary of outcomes by Martin Hutchison is now available free of charge at http://eastafrica-
East Africa Oil & Gas Summit was held in London, 8-10 October 2013, gathering senior representatives from all South and East Africa countries, Europe and North America. Ministers of Mining & Energy, High Commissioners, senior state and private company representatives engaged in lively discussion following high calibre presentations by government and industry leaders over three days.
The key themes from the conference were:
· The under-explored nature of the area and potential yet-to-find resources
· The challenge of the skills and experience deficit
· Managing the expectations of the communities
· Building a vibrant national industrial sector
· Opportunities for regional cooperation to leverage scarce resources
· How to attract Foreign Direct Investment
· The opportunities for infrastructure investment
· How to finance mega projects
East Africa Oil & Gas Summit returns to London on 10-12 June 2014 and will once again be the pivotal meeting place for leading East African decision makers to engage with international, regional and local investors. As two areas of intense focus have emerged in the past 6 years with world-class gas discoveries offshore Mozambique and Tanzania, as well as substantial oil discoveries in Uganda and Kenya, East Africa Oil & Gas Summit participants will discuss the abundant opportunities available in the region.
+44 20 7978 0000