News By Tag
News By Place
HID Global Announces Top 2014 Secure Identity Trends
Projections from HID Global CTO Selva Selvaratnam include trends driving improved security, simplicity and flexibility when creating, managing and using secure identities.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, January 29, 2014 – HID Global (http://www.hidglobal.com)®
“HID Global’s history of innovation, industry experience and broad view of the market through our partners and end user customers puts us in an ideal position to forecast developing solutions and technology trends,” said Dr. Selva Selvaratnam, senior vice president and chief technology officer with HID Global. “As a follow-up to last year’s predictions, we are now sharing the top trends we believe will shape the market during 2014 and beyond. These are exciting times, as the industry continues to make it even easier for organizations to improve security, adapt to evolving threats, and simplify the day-to-day work life for their users.”
Dr. Selvaratnam has identified that following trends to watch in 2014:
· The industry is quickly moving beyond static, proprietary access control architectures to more secure, open and adaptable solutions that support customers’ desire for new products and technologies that enable their business.
· Integrating physical access control with IT security will bring new benefits while changing how organizations operate.
· Strong authentication will continue to grow in importance in the face of a rapidly changing IT security threat environment – and will also move to the door and include other factors such as biometrics and gestures.
· Strong authentication will increasingly be implemented using a multi-layered strategy.
· Mobile access control will continue to roll out in stages and use various wireless technologies.
· We will enter a new era of NFC authentication services.
· The migration of intelligence to the door will continue with the further adoption of IP architectures and future capabilities of smartphones for access control.
· Printing and encoding advancements will simplify card personalization while speeding throughput for more durable cards that can be securely issued from anywhere, at any time.
· Visitor management systems will continue to move beyond the businesses to schools, hospitals and other institutions where high-profile incidents have proven that safety and security shouldn’t be left to paper logs.
· There will be accelerating worldwide adoption of multi-purpose electronic ID (eID) credentials.
Detailed descriptions of HID Global’s top ten anticipated secure identity trends for 2014 trends can be found on HID Global’s blog here
Part 1 http://www.hidglobal.com/
Part 2 http://www.hidglobal.com/
Stay Connected with HID Global
Visit our Media Center (http://www.hidglobal.com/
About HID Global
HID Global is the trusted source for innovative products, services, solutions, and know-how related to the creation, use, and management of secure identities for millions of customers around the world. The company’s served markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization;
® HID and the HID logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HID Global in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks, service marks, and product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Director, Global Public Relations
Middle East Media Contact:
Oak Consulting FZ LLC