News By Tag
News By Location
5th International Conference on 3D Body Scanning Technologies 2014, 21-22 Oct., Lugano, Switzerland
By: Hometrica Consulting
5th Int. Conference and Exhibition on 3D Body Scanning Technologies,
21-22 October 2014, Lugano, Switzerland
The 1st call for papers and exhibitors is available at the following link:
Authors wishing to present their works at the conference are invited to submit
their extended abstract before 30 April 2014.
For sponsors and exhibitors we offer three different packages: GOLD, SILVER, BRONZE.
Important note: 20-30% discount is offered on the basic fees by registering before 1 May 2014.
- Largest international event focused on 3D body scanning technologies
- Organized yearly, in 2014 back in Europe
- 14 technical sessions and 1 poster session, with 60-80 presentations
- Exhibition of equipment on 500sqm (5400sqft) with expected 10-25 exhibitors
- About 200-250 expected attendees at the conference and exhibition
- Strong international character with participants from all over the world
Main conference topics/application sectors:
- 3D & 4D face and body scanning systems and technologies
- full body scanning for textile, fashion, apparel
- face, torso and body scanning for medicine
- body scanning for health, fitness and sport
- digital anthropometry and anthropometric studies/surveys
- foot scanning, custom footwear and orthopedics
- face and body modeling, animation and avatars
- 3D face and body scanning for sculpture and 3D printing
Lugano, situated in South Switzerland, 80km from Milano, Italy.
Main airport: Milan Malpensa (MXP), connected to Lugano with shuttle bus.
Profile of attendees/participants/
- 60% private sector, 40% universities and institutions
- 40% managing/professor, 45% technical/operative, 15% staff/std.
- 30% users, 30% developers/OEM, 30% potential buyers, 10% others
Facts of past editions:
- 2013: 203 participants, 14 tech. sessions, 69 presentations, 10 exhibitors, 9 premieres
- 2012: 198 participants, 14 tech. sessions, 58 presentations, 15 exhibitors, 5 premieres
- 2011: 205 participants, 12 tech. sessions, 57 presentations, 15 exhibitors, 5 premieres
- 2010: 210 participants, 14 tech. sessions, 62 presentations, 8 exhibitors, 4 premieres
More information can be found at the conference website:
The abstracts of about 250 papers published until now in the proceedings of all the past conferences are available in the new website http://www.3dbodyscanning.org/
If you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact us
in English, German, French or Italian.
Hometrica Consulting - Conference Office