News By Tag
News By Location
Dr. Scott Saario, ChiroCarolina chiropractor, to start doing DOT physicals
On April 2014, Dr. Scott Saario will start doing DOT physicals. Medical examiners who want to perform physical examinations for interstate commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers must be trained and certified in FMCSA physical qualification standards.
Medical examiners are also required to register and keep their accounts (licenses, training documents, etc.) up to date at the National Registry where the list of medical examiners who have trained and successfully completed the test is displayed. Furthermore, medical examiners must transmit monthly results of all CMV drivers' examinations performed to FMCSA through the National Registry system.
Dr. Scott Saario of ChiroCarolina, a trusted chiropractic care clinic in Charlotte NC, is expected to complete his training and certification by March 2014. DOT physicals will be available to patients by April 2014.
Certified medical examiners must:
- Be registered, certified or licensed in accordance with state laws and regulations on performing physical examinations
- Be registered on the National Registry system (and received a unique identifier)
- Complete required training
- Pass the certification test
- Transmit results of examinations every month through the National Registry system
- Submit periodic monitoring and audits
- Maintain certification by completing periodic training every five years and get re-certified by passing the certification exam every 10 years
For more information and updates about ChiroCarolina and the chiropractic care services available to patients, visit http://chirocarolinacharlotte.com.