News By Tag
News By Place
MoBiTec Offers Constitutive Expression System for Lactococcus lactis and Other Lactic Acid Bacteria
The Constitutive Gene Expression System for Lactococcus lactis and Other Lactic Acid Bacteria, developed by NIZO food research BV, The Netherlands, is easy-to-operate and has advantages for many applications like overexpression of heterologous genes.
- Less endogenous and no exogenous proteases
- Endotoxin-free expression system
- Food grade protein expression possible
- No formation of inclusion bodies
- No formation of spores
- Simple fermentation, scale-up, and downstream processing
- Suitable also for bacteria other than Lactococcus lactis
Available are manifold expression vectors for both food grade and non-food grade protein expression. The replicons of the vectors pNZ124, pNZ2105, pNZ2103, pNZ7021, pNZ2122, and pNZ2123 are identical and came originally from the Lactococcus lactis plasmid pSH71. However, this replicon has a broad host range. Plasmids with this replicon can replicate in many Gram-positive bacteria, such as Lactobacillus plantarum and Streptococcus thermophilus.
Detailed information, sequences and a handbook is available online at www.mobitec.com.