Taiwan’s Only Biologics and Biosimilars Industry Gathering Returns in 2014
Biologics may be among the most expensive pharmacotherapies, yet there is a growing demand for these specialty drugs as they continue to outperform in the global market, delivering novel treatment alternatives for a variety of diseases. The government has unveiled the availability of a $1.9 billion biotechnology venture capital fund, which is a bold move to make Taiwan a significant player in the global biotechnology development. With a strategic location, favourable economic climate, strong government support, technological leadership, and a pool of world-class researchers and experts, Taiwan’s potential to be a leading biologics leader cannot be ignored
A number of Taiwanese developed biologics drugs are entering into critical stages of developments - clinical phase II and III - and are expected to launch by 2015; for the second year in a row, IMAPAC is proud to play a part in the this development by organizing the ONLY biologics industry gathering in Taiwan.
Biologics World Taiwan 2014’s distinguished panel of speakers will share information and debate issues relating to opportunities and challenges facing Taiwan's Biologics Industry, biobetters and novel biologics development in Taiwan, vaccine development in Taiwan, biomanufacturing upstream best practices, biomanufacturing downstream best practices, operational excellence and PAT, and much more
Key speaking faculty at Biologics World Taiwan 2014 include:
· Chang Yi Wang, Chairperson & CSO, UBI, USA and Taiwan
· Racho Jordanov, President and CEO, JHL Biotech, Taiwan
· Jimmy Zhang, Managing Director, MSD Early Investments, Merck, vscat China
· Youe-Kong Shue, President and CEO, OBI Pharma, Taiwan
· Carl Firth, CEO, Aslan Pharmaceuticals, Taiwan
· Kevin Yang, VP of Drug Manufacturing and Process Development, Meridigen, Taiwan
· Dr W.F. Huang, Professor, National Yang Ming University, Taiwan
· Dr Karen Wen, Founder and President, Mycenax Biotech, Taiwan
· Yariv Hefez, Vice President Business Development and Alliance Management, Biosimilars, Merck Serono, Switzerland
· Dr Juine-Ruey Chen, Head of R&D, Adimmune, Taiwan
· Changlin Dou, Chief Technology Officer/Sr. Director, Luye Pharma Group Ltd, China
· Chung Su Yong, Senior Principal, IMS Heath APAC, Singapore
· Ko-Chong Lin, Founder and CEO, Pharma Essentia, Taiwan
· Yining Zhao, Executive Director, Global Commercial Development of Biosimilars, Amgen, USA
· Liu Lee-Cheng, CEO, EirGenix, Taiwan
· Johnsee Lee, Chairman, Development Center for Biotechnology, Taiwan
· Sean Liour, Director of Drug Development, Fountain Biopharma, Taiwan
· Zhao-Lian Huang, Professor of Biochemistry, Taipei Medical University, Taiwan
· Chih-Ping Yang, General Manager, Chugai Pharma, Taiwan, and more!
Here’s what event attendees had to say about the Biologics World Taiwan event in 2013:
-“Thanks for putting together a great event. I do hope we can run it again next year.” David Silver, President, Biotech East.
-“Very good, all invited speakers gave excellent presentations and shared information openly and honestly.” Hui-Ling Shieh, Medical Director, Yung Shin Pharm.
For more information on the upcoming event, please contact Natasha Jiandani on Natasha.jiandani@