News By Tag
News By Location
What Exactly Does a Dental Crown Do?
Southlake TX Dental Crown Quiz
1. True or False: Crowns are made from a variety of materials.
2. True or False: A dental crown can be used to address cosmetic issues.
3. True or False: A dental crown helps replace missing teeth.
4. True or False: Crowns help restore teeth following a root canal treatment.
1. True. Southlake dentist (http://wrightsmiles.com)
2. True. Since a crown fits over the prepared tooth structure, crowns provide a means of masking permanent teeth stains and even correcting misshapen or badly damaged teeth. The crown protects the remaining tooth structure, provides esthetically pleasing restoration, and prevents further decay or infection.
3. True. Your Southlake dentist may recommend a procedure involving the use of crowns to replace one or more missing teeth. For example, a dental bridge requires crowns to anchor the replacement tooth into place. Dental implants are often topped with custom-made dental crowns to replace a lost tooth.
4. True. During a root canal, the tooth is opened so Dr. Wright can remove infected tissue and address the painful symptoms of an infection. Following this, the tooth is cleaned and disinfected and a restorative filling placed into the tooth. To return the tooth to full function and health, a crown is placed over the tooth.
About Your Southlake Dentist:
As a native Texan, Dr. Gregory Wright (https://www.facebook.com/
Modern Dental Practice Marketing