9th Children’s India International Children’s Film Festival
The films to be screened from January 20, 2014 to January 24, 2014
The 9th CIICFF is set to be inaugurated by the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Karnataka, Sri Siddaramaiah. The inaugural function is set to be held at Jnana Jyothi Auditorium at 11 A.M.
The 9th CIICFF will witness screening of 200 filmsfrom 44 countries over 5 days at Bal Bhavan, Navarang, Badami House, Boulevard Rangoli, and Madhavan Park.
Speaking to the media, Sri. N.R. Nanjunde Gowda, Festival Director said “This edition of the Children’s India International Children’s Film Festival is set to be bigger and better than previous year with this year screening the highest ever films. The Festival has always been a platform for children to educate them through films. There are matters which cannot be taught effectively at schools and film festivals such as CIICFF, is able to effectively communicate through moving images and allied activities, things that always gauge children’s interest.”
Some of the highlights of this Film Festival include:
· For the first time, we are conducting screenings at a public hotspot ‘Boulevard Rangoli’, which is located in M.G. Road, at the heart of the city.
· An Evening Outdoor screening fiesta for children and families at Madhavan Park, Jayanagar.
· Special CIFEJ award by CIFEJ (International Center of Films for Children and Young People).
· Country Focus on Denmark.
· Environmental and Wildlife films screening with support from WTI, WWF and TERI.
· Screening of Films Made by Kids (from 7 countries).
· Officially called the CIICFF, effective from 2014.
Mr. H.D. Gangaraju, President of Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce, Mr. Sa. Ra. Govindu, Honorary Secretary of Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce, Mr. S.V. RajendraSingh Babu, noted Film Director, Mr. S. K. Bhagawan, noted Senior Film Director, Prof. S. G. Siddaramaiah were present.