News By Tag
News By Place
For Whislteblower and Food Safety Advocate Running for Texas Agriculture Commissioner
My name is Kenneth Kendrick, I have been better known as the Whistleblower against Peanut Corp (http://www.foodwhistleblower.org/
When elected to office, I have no personal agenda that benefits me at all. I do agree with some other candidates on some issues, but it is not to benefit my own business (I do not have one,) or further my political career. I have no intention of running for a higher office.
Here are some of my key issues,
1) The reason I got started, our Dept of Agriculture dropped the ball and Peanut Corp of America and they killed 9 people and made 700 more sick THAT we know of (read here (http://www.bloomberg.com/
2) Safe Water - Many Rural areas have to send letters to homes every month informing consumers that their water may not be safe to drink. As a Former Pest Control Technician I know the way we must make sure our drinking water safe.This will require close work with the Railroad Commissioner (as they oversee drilling) I have also worked as a Pest Control Tech (one of the divisions of the Dept of Ag) and know how these chemicals get into our water, and the Dept of Ag over sees Pest Control.
3) Corporate Accountability-
Corp America must be help to the same standard as we the people! Read here (http://www.dallasnews.com/
4) Protect Whsitle-blowers who expose fraud, waste and abuse in our current system! They are our eyes and ears.
There are many other issues to be addressed in the 10 divisions of the Dept of Ag and I will continue to address those.
5) Since those 355 unlicensed facilities were found, nothing has changed (unacceptable)