- Jan. 8, 2014
-- While this page is under construction please visit https://
ref=hl this is my Facebook page.
My name is Kenneth Kendrick, I have been better known as the Whistleblower against Peanut Corp (http://www.foodwhistleblower.org/
of America. Although that experience has changed my life forever, I have made my mind up to use it for good. I am asking for your vote for Texas Agriculture Commissioner. I have spent the last few yearsPublic speaking (http://foodsafetyadvocate.webs.com/
on Food Safety, Ethics in Corp America, and protection for Whistle-blowers.
When elected to office, I have no personal agenda that benefits me at all. I do agree with some other candidates on some issues, but it is not to benefit my own business (I do not have one,) or further my political career. I have no intention of running for a higher office.
Here are some of my key issues,
1) The reason I got started, our Dept of Agriculture dropped the ball and Peanut Corp of America and they killed 9 people and made 700 more sick THAT we know of (read here (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-02-21/peanut-corp-of-a...
)) Had proper enforcement been done by the Dept of Ag, lives may have been saved, and illnesses would have been avoided. (read here) (http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_wires/2009Mar05/0...
) By helping make Texas Food the Safest in the Country, major producers will be inclined to buy from Texas knowing that they have a lower risk of a recall, thus helping Texas financially and ethically. We do not even need new laws to be changed to do this, just enforcement of the ones we have, with added Whistle-blower protection to make sure people can report in good faith when they see wrong doing, fraud, waste, or abuse in any of the 10 divisions of the Dept of Ag. This will also require close work with the Texas Dept of Health.
2) Safe Water - Many Rural areas have to send letters to homes every month informing consumers that their water may not be safe to drink. As a Former Pest Control Technician I know the way we must make sure our drinking water safe.This will require close work with the Railroad Commissioner (as they oversee drilling) I have also worked as a Pest Control Tech (one of the divisions of the Dept of Ag) and know how these chemicals get into our water, and the Dept of Ag over sees Pest Control.
3) Corporate Accountability-
After Blowing the Whistle on Peanut Corp of America, it was discovered that 355 facilities had never registered with the Dept of Health, thus breaking the law, none were fined. All Agencies must work together to ensure this does not happen again (Peanut Corp had Tx Dept of Ag Organic Certification, but was not even Registered with the Texas Dept. of Health
Corp America must be help to the same standard as we the people! Read here (http://www.dallasnews.com/news/state/headlines/20100718-e...
) on how none were fined, none closed, BUT IF YOU AS AN INDIVIDUAL BREAK THE LAW, YOU BETTER BET YOU WILL PAY THE PRICE!
4) Protect Whsitle-blowers who expose fraud, waste and abuse in our current system! They are our eyes and ears.
There are many other issues to be addressed in the 10 divisions of the Dept of Ag and I will continue to address those.
5) Since those 355 unlicensed facilities were found, nothing has changed (unacceptable)
Read my story here.