Multimillion Dollar Renovation Transforms Westfield Broward Mall Into Shopping & Entertainment Mecca
From popular shopping mall to state-of-the-art entertainment complex, Westfield Broward’s $39 million revitalization brings first RPX movie-theater to Broward County
By: Westfield Broward Mall
Topping the list of changes for the new go-to destination for family fun and entertainment is the theatre facility, which is modern in every way and equipped with Regal Premium Experience (RPX). This is top-of-the-line in terms of digital sound and projection, with larger screens and upgraded seating, as well as the ability to show RealD 3D, a new generation of digital 2D giving movie goers a stunningly realistic movie experience. The twelve auditoriums have more than 2,400 seats with stadium seating and retractable up holders. Other renovations/
· Ultramodern dining court with Italian marble tile and interior landscaping
· High-end children’s indoor marine-themed Play Space
· Two sit-down restaurants (Red Robin and Real Enchilada) set to open March 2014.
· Plush family lounge with microwaves for warming bottles
· Super comfortable restrooms and changing areas
· Convenient cut through from dining court to movie theater and jcpenney
· And more to open throughout 2014, including an art gallery
Westfield Broward will host a series of special events prior to the grand opening to introduce the revitalized venue to the community. Pre-opening events are as follows:
· Sunday, January 12, 12:30pm – 10:10pm: Superheroes for a Cause benefitting Sun-Sentinel Children’s FundMovies (Dark Knight, Iron Man 3D and Man of Steel)
· Monday January 13, 2:30pm – 10:10pm: Family Fun at Regal benefitting Forever Family Movies (Jack and the Giant Slayer, Monsters University 3D and Oz: Great and Powerful 3D)
· Tuesday January 14, 12:40pm – 9:30pm: Regal Cares and Shares benefitting Voices for Children of Broward County. Movies (Free Birds, Planes 3D and Smurfs 3D)
· Thursday, January 16, 5-9pm: Public Grand Opening of theater: FREE Small Popcorn & FREE Small Fountain Drink with each paid admission and Regal Crown Club card
· Thursday, January 16- Thursday, January 30 at Regal Broward Stadium 12 & RPX. See “Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit” with a chance to win giveaways and be entered into one of our sweepstakes!
· Thursday, January 16, Grand Opening of Westfield Broward’s new amenities: Dj.’s from Scratch music group from 4pm – 8pm. Dj’s will play music to keep the shoppers entertained while announcing special promotions and offers from various retailers.
· Friday January 17, 4-8pm: Dj’s will play music to keep the shoppers entertained while announcing special promotions and offers from various retailers.
· Saturday January 18, noon – 8pm: Dj’s will play music to keep the shoppers entertained while announcing special promotions and offers from various retailers. Special appearance by Surly from The Nut Job from Open Road Films. Photo op and giveaways. Media-only event at 6pm.
For more additional information regarding the renovations and/or the pre and grand opening events, please contact Lynn Lewis at email@example.com or 305-509-9958.
About Westfield Broward Westfield Broward is home to Dillard’s, JCPenney, Macy’s, Sears and Regal Cinemas Broward Stadium 12 with expectant mother and family parking, Westfield Gift Cards, complimentary wheelchairs and 126 specialty stores including Victoria’s Secret, Love Culture, Aeropostale, AE Outfitters, Express, G by Guess, Hollister, Pandora & more.
Westfield Broward is owned by The Westfield Group (ASX Code: WDC) an internally managed, vertically integrated, shopping center group undertaking ownership, development, design, construction, funds/asset management, property management, leasing and marketing activities and employing approximately 4,000 staff worldwide. The Westfield Group has interests in and operates one of the world’s largest shopping center portfolios with investment interests in 91 shopping centers across Australia, the United States, the United Kingdom and New Zealand, encompassing over 20,500 retail outlets and total assets under management of A$65.8bn.
Lynn Lewis Public Relations