News By Tag
News By Location
Capita announce details of their Meeting the New Standards for English Conference - 24th March 2014
Capita’s Meeting the New Standards for English Conference will enable you to explore how schools have delivered outstanding teaching and learning in English, and excelled in areas emphasised in the new curriculum.
Monday, 24 March 2014
Capita’s Meeting the New Standards for English Conference is ideally timed ahead of the implementation of the new English curriculum for Key Stages 1-4, from September 2014. With input from Ofsted, this event will update you on the inspection of English and literacy under the new curriculum.
Tailored primary and secondary sessions will enable you to explore how schools have delivered outstanding teaching and learning in English, and excelled in areas emphasised in the new curriculum.
• Patricia Metham HMI, National Lead for English and Literacy, Ofsted
• Chair: Dr Simon Gibbons, Past Chair, National Association for the Teaching of English
• Anne Etchells, Interim Headteacher and Literacy Coordinator, St Aidan’s Voluntary Controlled Primary School
• Kate Bloomfield, Head of English, Durrington High School
• Stephen Miles, Head of English, Worle Community School
• Dr Annabel Watson, Lecturer in Language Education, University of Exeter
Benefits of Attending:
• Put your questions to Ofsted’s National Lead for English and Literacy on the increased emphasis on raising standards in English, and inspecting under the new curriculum
• Hear extended opening remarks from Past Chair of NATE on evolving policy around the teaching of English
• Explore the outcomes of Exeter University’s Grammar for Writing Pedagogy, and the positive impact that teaching grammar in context has on pupils’ reading and writing
• Gain insight into innovative approaches to engaging students to read for pleasure, in order to improve their literacy skills
• Learn how one primary school has worked with NATE and UCL to develop resources to meet the new curriculum’s increased emphasis on spelling, punctuation and grammar
• Understand how one school is successfully managing the transition to Key Stage Four, and preparing students for linear exams and the increased emphasis on extended writing in the new GCSEs
For more information:
Contact: Amna Khan on 020 7202 0562 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter @capitaconf #capitaconf