Strayer University vs University of Phoenix -Which One is Better?
Online Degrees - Are You Looking to Upgrade or Change Careers?
Are you looking to pick up some new skills, upgrade your position at work, or find a new career?
According to Babson Survey Research Group's annual survey - the number of college students enrolled in at least one online course increased for the ninth straight year. The study, "Going the Distance: Online Education in the United States, 2011," reports that more than 6.1 million students took at least one online class during fall 2010—a 10.1 percent increase over the year before.
Advantages of Obtaining an Online Degree:
- Lower costs than brick and mortar universities
- No sitting in classrooms
- Assignment schedules are more flexible
- You can choose when to take tests and quizzes (usually)
- Perfect for working adults and stay at home moms
- Class is usually held even in heavy snowstorms and cold weather
- Specialized degree programs are offered
- Some classes have optional college setting attendance
The economy has caused more people to seek employment opportunities in more fertile industries. This is causing the major 're-tooling' trend that is making online degrees hotter than ever.
But which online university is right for you?
University of Phoenix
It started in 1976 and has become the largest private university in North America. University of Phoenix also has more than 200 campus locations (including Puerto Rico, Netherlands, and Chile).
They have 100 associate, bachelor, and master degree programs. Average cost for a bachelor's degree is $32,000.
Other facts about University of Phoenix:
- Does not require standardized college entrance exam scores or essay submissions in order to apply.
- You can still work full-time
- Professors are usually professionals in their fields
- Offers specialty programs in:
- Business administration
- Teacher education
- You can earn an online doctoral degree
It started in 1892. Has more than 60,000 students all over the world. Strayer has 88 campus locations. Tuition is $1,590 per course (for full-time undergraduate student).
Other facts about Strayer University:
- Average age of student is 34
- Choose campus based courses or earn degree entirely online
- Flexible, synchronous and asynchronous, course schedules (live or non-live training)
- Online tutors are available
- Strayer offers grants and scholarships for active military and veterans
Both of these online universities offer you the chance to change your lifestyle. Better education means more options in the marketplace. I urge you to contact each university or visit their websites for additional information.
Need Money to Pay for Your Online Degree? Go to our Special Offer link below:
Page Updated Last on: Nov 09, 2013