News By Tag
News By Place
Follow on Google News
Cutting Edge News, Social Media & Twitter Sentiment Analytics
By: EOTPRO Developments Inc. & Social Market Analytics
Oct. 17 2013 - Chicago, New York
EOTPRO Developments Inc. a leading provider of trading technology for the financial industry commenced beta testing of its Machine Readable News (MRN) product during the fourth quarter of 2012.
Using content from over four million websites and blogs as well as 44 news sources, EOTPRO’s Machine Readable News and social media offering is the industry’s most advanced service for automating the consumption and systematic analysis of news and social media sentiment for the individual trader.
Twitter volume is growing quickly and is expected to reach one billion tweets per day in the near future. EOTPRO has decided to integrate a patent pending process developed by Social Market Analytics (SMA) to distil this information. These metrics allow clients to eliminate the noise from seemingly unquantifiable chatter and uncover trading opportunities.
Hedge funds and institutional firms looking to add a new dimension of market data to their trading models currently use these types of market analytics.
There are 3 metrics available:
1. Corporate news sentiment indicators - covering 5600 US stocks
2. SMA Twitter sentiment indicators - covering approximately 3000 US stocks plus ETFs and indices
3. Major blog and internet news site sentiment indicators - covering 5600 US stocks
These 3 metrics are designed to give the trader a complete spectrum of news and social media sentiment information that can be used as new and additional information to make trading decisions for the US markets.
EOTPRO’s news and social media analytics plots directional sentiment directly on the screen live as an indicator or is displayed inside a standalone web portal, this happens within sub-seconds of a news or social media release.
Traders and investors can use this new metric of information to generate high probability trading ideas and protect against portfolio drawdown.
EOTPRO delivers a comprehensive suite of social media and news analytics in the following ways:
1. Inside a standalone web portal, accessed via a web page
2. Inside popular trading platforms
3. API connection
Product use scenarios:
1. Quantitative traders and analysts can quickly incorporate news and social media sentiment into their strategies and develop sentiment-based investment and trading models. API access also available.
2. Discretionary traders can support trading decisions with advanced news and social media analytics tools and indicators.
3. Fundamental investors can monitor company, sector or market sentiment in news and social media for idea generation and benchmarking.
4. Retail brokers and institutional portals can provide value-added content that attracts new clients and trade flow by generating appealing trading ideas.
5. Risk managers can better understand the potential for abnormal risk and predict volatility and negative price pressure; they can discover unknown correlations across instruments.
6. Traders or investors wishing to monitor risk in their portfolio will also find this product beneficial.
For those invested in stocks and unavailable to trade intraday there is also a solution in the form of an alert system. The system alerts the user to high sentiment stories. This will provide instant real time notifications on high impact news events or social media chatter that may affect the return on a portfolio.
Idea generation via the EOTPRO Web Portal
The MRN web portal offers traders an intuitive and easy to use interface to uncover opportunities and monitor risk. The portal displays social media and news sentiment on US stocks and is targeted at discount brokers, investment advisors, hedge funds, traditional asset managers, and investment portals.
An effective way to use news and social media analytics would be to focus on significant spikes in sentiment from the securities normal state.
EOTPRO can provide traders with several top and bottom lists of stocks and futures with extreme sentiment. Extreme sentiment is typically denoted with a score that traders can use to find opportunities.
The following top 10 lists highlight potential trading opportunities available:
1. Stocks with highest sentiment news stories
2. Stocks with highest blog and internet news sentiment
3. Stocks with extreme Twitter sentiment
4. Real-time news sentiment of indices and sectors
5. Real-time blog and internet sentiment of indices and sectors
6. Real-time Twitter sentiment of indices and sectors
News and social media impacts markets significantly. This new trading tool will assist in helping traders and investors understand when news and Twitter sentiment will move markets. The MRN data identifies when a security will behave differently and this may allow a significant edge in the marketplace. EOTPRO aims to provide clients with the most innovative data solutions and provide the edge necessary to succeed.
EOTPRO offers the following analytics and services:
News story and Twitter sentiment
Risk Analysis Systems
Professional Programming Services
EOTPRO products and services support equities, ETFs, indices, and associated derivatives (options; futures). Forthcoming initiatives focus on foreign exchange.
Technical indicators are currently available for TradeStation, MultiCharts, NinjaTrader, E-Signal, and EOTPRO will be expanding into other professional platforms.
To learn more please contact Bill Dennis, CEO, Lead Trader and Sales at email@example.com, 604-467-2243
Website address: http://www.eotpro.com
or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
© EOTPRO Developments Inc 2013 All rights reserved.
Page Updated Last on: Oct 18, 2013