Caniviz 3D Pro for Mac 1.1.6 is in App Mac Store
A new version of the CAD 3D viewer CaniVIZ edited by Andéor is in the Apple Store. CaniVIZ is a nice generic 3D viewer with a collaborative website.
By: Andéor, SAS
CaniVIZ 3D Pro is a 3D viewer for CAD files designed to stay simple in order to be used by non-technical users for Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Communication, Mechanic...
CaniVIZ Pro allows to create animations, annotations, to export a 3D file in a standalone HTML file that can be broadcasted and viewed with CaniVIZ 3D Web, to take measures in the 3D model, etc.
The 3D objects can be explored either from the 3D scene or from the property tree. A skin tool allows to "see inside" the 3D model and the cut plan tool is an interactive 3D object put in the scene. Nice point of views can be selected in one click with the 3D-Spot tool.
The scene rendering can be highly customized: more than 8 lights can be configured, a fog can be put in the scene, the shadows provide a realistic rendering. The background can be a simple color, a bitmap or a cube-map.
3D file formats
CaniVIZ opens STL, WaveFront OBJ, 3D Studio, Step, IGES. With additional inApp purchases, it can also opens AutoCAD DWG and DXF, with the Architecture object enabler.
* Bug fix: the 3Dscene background bitmap is not correctly displayed
* Initial OpenGL shaders support
* Disable logging by default
* OpenGL Shader effect, Cartoon, Grayscale, Phong lighting
* Stl: read incorrectly formated STL where the real values are separated by more than one space
* Snow Leopard (10.6): compatibility improvement
* System requirement:
* Apple Mac App Store: $189.99
* 3D file formats: STL, WaveFront, Step, IGES, 3D Studio, ASC and PTS scan cloud
* Optional file formats: AutoCAD DXF and DWG ($99.99), Architecture object enabler ($79.99)
* Editor: Andéor
* Editor informations:
* Other systems: Windows, Linux, Web
Page Updated Last on: Oct 21, 2013