News By Tag
News By Location
Satmap Active 12 Launching Soon
With the release of the widely anticipated Satmap Active 12 just over a month away, we look at the main differences between the Active 10 and its exciting new successor.
By: Above and Beyond
Like most things in life, it's what's inside that counts, and it is inside the Active 12 where we find the key differences. Nothing has been lost from the Active 10; features have either been fine-tuned or added to. So what are the exciting new features you ask? Well here it goes:
- 3.5" Hi-Res Screen - The Active 12 has a screen with double the resolution and double the pixels of the Active 10
- Hi-Res Mapping - To take advantage of this fantastic new screen the Active 12 is available with hi-res mapping for both the UK and Germany at an amazing 508 dpi (that's better than print quality)
- Paperless Geocaching - For all you budding treasure hunters out there the Active 12 comes with full support for geocaching.com allowing you to download cache information directly to the device via SatSYNC
- Barometric Altimeter - A nifty new feature. And most importantly the new barometric altimeter provides very high accuracy data on temperature, pressure and elevation
- Bluetooth Smart Ready - The wonders of Bluetooth come to the Active 12. This provides an exciting new world of peer-to-peer data sharing as well as allowing the unit to link up with 3rd party heart rate monitors and cadence sensors
The Satmap Active 12 is set to be the biggest GPS launch in the UK this year following hot on the heels of the Garmin Oregon 600 series. More a direct competitor of the rugged GPSMAP 62s, the Active 12 would seemingly have stolen a march on the Garmin offering. The hi-res mapping of the Satmap Active 12 is currently unparalleled in a GPS unit. Only time will tell if the Active 12 is to be as popular as its predecessor. One thing's for sure though, we wouldn't bet against it.
The all new Satmap Active 12 retails for £449.99 and comes complete with Full GB Maps 1:50k to provide a complete navigation solution. The unit is due to hit shelves around the 1st November this year and is available to pre-order now from leading outdoor retailer Above and Beyond: