News By Tag
News By Location
Improved Glass-to-Metal Hermetic Seals Designed by L. G. P. International
Without hermetic seals between glasses and other materials neither light bulbs, nor spacecrafts couldn't come to reality. Improved sealing glasses can glue inorganic materials making strong glass-to-metal seals for extreme environments.
Working on sealing glasses and seal systems since late 60’s L.G.P. Internatonal has discovered a new glass system due to innovative approach to compositional search and optimization.
The advantages of improved sealing glasses vs. known sealants are:
- lower temperature of synthesis;
- lower sealing (melting) temperature avoids changes of state of substrates;
- CTE values in solid (glassy), and liquid (viscous) states adjustable within a wide range;
- exceptional adhesion to different metal alloys, glasses, ceramic, and glass-ceramics;
- very low coefficients of gas diffusion allow making long-lifetime hermetic seals;
- no need to add low-CTE mineral-fillers.
Sealing glasses contain no toxic heavy metal oxides (lead, cadmium, and others), fluorides, sulfur or selenium.
New sealing glasses can be used to make compression (connectors, interconnectors, sensors, etc.) or matched seals (hermetic packages, fuel cells, cases, reactors, etc.). L.G.P. International, LLC formulates sealing glasses for the Customer’s application, and develops regimes of manufacturing long lasting strong seals between inorganic materials of the same or different types.
If you have any questions, please, contact Oleg Prokhorenko.
Page Updated Last on: Sep 04, 2013