News By Tag
* Grand Rapids Mi
* Appliance Repair
* Appliance Repair Service
* Grand Rapids Michigan
* Dryer Repair
* More Tags...
News By Location
Grand Rapids MI Appliance Repair Guru Gives 10 Methods To Get The Most From Your Washing Machine
Improved energy savings and washing machine performance can come from new usage habits.
According to Mike, many washing machine breakdowns are caused by miss loading the machine and lack of maintenance. Here are ten tips he shares to prolong the life of the customer's appliance and save energy:
• Make Sure The Machine Is Level: An unbalanced machine can be very noisy and can cause unnecessary wear and tear on components.
• Water Supply Hoses: Replace hoses every five to seven years to eliminate the risk of leaking or bursting. A burst washer hose can do serious water damage to a home very quickly, especially if located on upper levels of a home.
• Waste Water Drain: Keep waste water drain clear of debris, lint and any blockages. Make sure hose is not kinked.
• Do Not Overload: Water soaked clothes weight more and overloading the machine will have excess weight overworking the machine. The overworking will also use more energy. The excess weight can also damage the machine.
• Detergent: Follow manufacturer's guidelines when selecting type and measuring the amount of detergent. The amount needed depends on how dirty the clothes are, the size of the wash load, and the hardness of the water.
• Water Temperature:
• Load size: One large load (but not an overloaded load) is much more efficient than multiple small loads. Save time, energy, water, detergent and wear and tear on the machine with fewer, larger loads.
• Spin Cycle: The better the spin cycle, the more water that is extracted from the clothes. Dryer clothes from the washer dry faster in the dryer. An overloaded clothes washer will not spin efficiently, so clothes will come out wetter and the dryer will take longer.
• Drum Balance: When loading the washer, distribute laundry evenly around the spindle. This will prevent overloading the motor and breaking the drum belt.
• Water Level: Use right water level for the load size. Washing a small load in a high water level leads to reduced agitation and cleaning power.
The number one tip for maintaining a washing machine is to have professional appliance repair and service when needed. Appliance repair can be dangerous for the average homeowner to take on and it can lead to more serious damage to the machine.
To learn more about this appliance repair firm serving the Grand Rapids Michigan area, visit: http://www.appliancerepairgrandrapidsmi.com
About E.D. Miller Appliance Service Inc.:
Mike and Teri DeYoung now own and operate E.D. Miller Appliance Service Inc. Since 1953, Miller's trained technicians have provided appliance repair. Types of repair include: washer repair, dryer repair, oven repair, range repair, cooktop repair, refrigerator repair, wine storage unit repair, freezer repair, ice maker repair, and dishwasher repair. Miller Appliance Service serves the greater Grand Rapids and Kent county areas.
E.D. Miller Appliance Service Inc.
4464 Bonanza Dr N.E
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49525
Submitted By: Right Now Marketing Group, LLC