Africa Dry Bulk Confernce 2013
July 22, 2013
-- 1. Singapore, 22 July 2013
– The Africa Dry Bulk Conference 2013, is scheduled to be held from 7-8 October at Serena Hotel in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. This event will address the industry’
s pressing demand for operational efficiency, proper terminal management, planning and execution in handling Africa’
s growing dry bulk cargo and trade.
2. Given the robust growth of Africa’s commodities production & more cargoes expected from Africa, there is a pressing need for bulk ports to be operationally efficient. The Africa Dry Bulk Conference 2013 (http://www.magenta-global.com.sg/africadrybulkportslogistics) is
s onlysuch eventwhich focuses exclusively on dry bulk terminal operational efficiency and provides an ideal platform to meet key government authorities regulating Africa's ports, terminals and transportation services, along with numerous industry experts and senior executives from the region's leading terminals & ports, shippers, cargo owners, charterers, logistics companies, freight forwarders, terminal equipment services suppliers.
3. Insights into New developments in the African terminals sector and investment opportunities in Tanzania, Kenya, Mozambique, South Africa, Nigeria, Ghana and Madagascar, among others will be deliberated. The conference will address the industry's most pressing issues: improving cargo handling and throughput; the future of dry bulk terminals in Africa; demand outlook for major dry bulk commodities;
how evolving trade flows’
effect on shipping rates; challenges associated with dry bulk terminals in Africa; cargo shipping trends; emerging techniques for bulk handling in ports and terminals. Furthermore the conference will also address issues of interest to shippers and cargo owners including compliance with MARPOL ANNEX V, cargo liquefaction & cargo security.
4. Ms Maggie Tan, the CEO of the conference organizing company, Magenta Global Pte Ltd
, Singapore said”
The shipping and commodities market have gone through turbulent times in recent years. Given the low shipping freight rates and plunging commodities prices, it is even more urgent for the shipping, ports, mining & commodities industry to take stock of the market developments and discuss infrastructural & operational efficiency. Reducing transportation and logistics costs are of utmost importance”
5. For more information about the conference please visit:http://www.magenta-global.com.sg/africadrybulkportslogistics/Magenta Global Pte Ltd
Mr Reema Raj
International Marketing Manager
DID: +65 6392 2530
Main: +65 6392 2552
Notes for the Editor:
About Magenta Global
– Owner & Organizer
Magenta Global Pte Ltd is a premier independent business media company that provides pragmatic and relevant information to government & business executives and professionals worldwide. The organization provides the opportunity to share thought-provoking insights, exchange ideas on the latest industry trends and technological developments with thought leaders and business peers. With a strong focus in emerging economies especially in Africa, Middle East & Central Asia, Magenta Global works in partnership with both the public and private sectors. www.magenta-global.com.sg