News By Tag
News By Place
Security-cameras-tampa: The Benefits of CCTV
Security Camera Solutions for Tampa and the surrounding areas. What are the benefits of CCTV? Answered.
The goal of any business is to be successful. One of your biggest enemies to your success is crime. There are some things you can do to minimize your risks and exposure to crime. Below you'll find a list of useful tips to keeping your business secure. Feel free to contact us at 877-826-2467 with any questions or to purchase a commercial surveillance system (http://www.tampa.technology.solutions.a1osis.com)
- Placement of checkout counter used to make contact with the public should be positioned near the front door. This also allows officers on patrol as well as the public to be able to see your employees and better secure their safety.
- Restricted access. Clearly mark areas the public are not to enter, such as storage rooms or offices.
- Visibility from exterior. For small business such as convenience stores it is important to maintain clear vision from the exterior. Avoid placing placards and advertisement where it blocks visibility to the interior of the store and cash register areas.
- Lighting, both interior and exterior is critical with a lack of adequate lighting inviting an area for criminal activities as well employee and customer security.
- The use of video surveillance and recording devices is highly recommended and will aid in your store security as well as provide evidence to investigating officers should a crime occur. However, a word of caution before you run out and buy off the shelf equipment. It is critical that you have a professional with knowledge in this area install your equipment. The police dept. will be happy to provide recommendations as to camera placement if you ask.
o Cameras must be installed where they have a clear view of a customers face or area you wish to record.
o Cameras used in low light or no light conditions must have night vision capability.
o Recording equipment should be secured under lock and key and out of sight.
- Money deposits. Have employees make regular money drops into a secure safe that they do not have a key or combination to. Night depository drops outside the store should be done by two people traveling in separate vehicles so one watches from a distance and can call for help.
- Loitering. Avoid allowing excessive loitering in and around your business as this too often leads to an invitation for crime.
For Added Protection:
Install an A1OSIS provided Security Camera System (http://www.tampa.technology.solutions.a1osis.com/