Halloween Comes Early In Los Angeles With ScareLA This Summer
Southern California’s First Halloween Convention Premieres With Two Full Days of Haunted Attraction Sneak-peeks, Presentations, Demos, Hands-on Classes, and Vendor Exhibits; Promises Tricks And Treats For Fans Of All Ages
The ScareLA program will feature sneak-previews and behind the scenes insights into the most anticipated 2013 Halloween events in the region. Confirmed participants include:
• John Murdy, creative director, Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween Horror Nights
• Jason Blum, horror film producer, Insidious, Sinister, The Paranormal Activity, creator of Blumhouse of Horrors
• Brooke Walters, designer, Knott’s Halloween Haunt maze
• Jon Braver, founder and director of interactive horror theatre Haunted Play DELUSION
• Melissa Carbone, producer, Los Angeles Haunted Hayride, The Great Horror Campout
• Bob Burns, legendary home haunter and original Ghostbuster
• Key creatives and staff from local haunted attractions such as Reign of Terror, Sinister Pointe, Chambers of the Mausoleum, Blackout Haunted House
• Participants from renowned home haunts throughout SoCal including The House at Haunted Hill, Boney Island, Boot Hill, and more
“ScareLA will shine the spotlight on everything that makes Los Angeles the ultimate Halloween destination in America,” shares David Markland, who is co-producing the event with Lora Ivanova. Ivanova adds, “Our city is brimming with talent and scary history just waiting to be discovered. Are you curious about hidden urban haunts? Want to get a head start on your Halloween costume? Interested in creating your own attraction or going pro? We have you covered.”
At ScareLA attendees will have an opportunity to learn from the nation’s best pro haunters and artists with a full lineup of workshops, demonstrations and classes. From make-up art, costuming, home haunt logistics and tips on pumpkin carving, fans and pros of all ages will get the chance to roll up their sleeves and play.
Interactive exhibits, exclusive meet-and-greet opportunities and a show floor full of unique Halloween merchandise round out the event’s ever-growing schedule. Original programming developed in partnership with Theme Park Adventure, industry legend Leonard Pickel, Scream Team Productions, Dread Central, FANGORIA, Shock Till You Drop and more.
To purchase tickets, for more information, exhibitor inquiries and to be among the first to learn about event updates, visit www.scarela.com. Share, inspire, play - ScareLA.