News By Tag
News By Location
Launch of free clinically backed Diabetes Manager app
A free new mobile app, designed to help people with diabetes easily monitor and manage their condition, via their smartphone is now available for iPhone users.
This app is tailored to meet the needs of people who have either type 1 or type 2 diabetes and is completely customisable.
Dr Hayley Willacy, Patient.co.uk’
David Cragg, a patient with diabetes who provided user insight to Patient.co.uk during the development of the app said: “It's great that an organisation such as Patient.co.uk has engaged people with diabetes to help shape their iPhone application. The resulting application has some truly unique features, such as marking notable entries to help locate results when discussing concerns with health care professionals.”
Diabetes Manager is free to download at the iTunes store: http://itunes.apple.com/
Diabetes Fact File:
· In the UK about one in 20 people aged over 65 and around one in five people aged over 85 have diabetes.
· Type 2 diabetes (http://www.patient.co.uk/
· About 1 in 300 people in the UK develop type 1 diabetes (http://www.patient.co.uk/
· Symptoms of both type 1 and type 2 diabetes include feeling thirsty a lot of the time, passing large amounts of urine, weight loss and tiredness.
· For further diabetes information search ‘diabetes’