News By Tag
News By Place
Marriott signs official Agreement with iRiS Software Systems
April 2013, Bangkok: Marriott International signed an official agreement to commence working with leading UK hospitality guest services developer iRiS Software Systems.
By: iRiS Software Systems
In a ceremony that took place at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong hotel in Bangkok, Marriott International’
The agreement formalizes Marriott’s acceptance of the iRiS F&B application that has been taking the hotel restaurant world by storm across the globe. In keeping with the modern world’s trends, iRiS’ software allows restaurants to take a fresh approach to their menu presentation by turning them digital and presenting them on tablets (iOS and Android) for their diners. This enables restaurants to present their wine cellar and bar on a modern, clear, enticing and informative platform. The restaurant’s clientele can then view as much or as little information as they require.
Martin Bookallil, VP of IR at Marriott said:
“Mobility in our Hotels is one of our key priorities. iRiS Software Systems will provide us with practical software tools that enable our Guest facing operation to present and engage with our Guests in fresh new ways. We are very excited to work with the iRiS team on several new opening Hotel projects this year to bring these products and processes to life, starting with our Ritz-Carlton properties.”
According to Jason Jefferys, CEO of iRiS, this has come at the perfect time:
“We are very excited to be working with Marriott, a world class organization that recognizes that even their most traditional brands stand to benefit greatly through the iRiS F&B app. Not only do guests enjoy using the wine list far more, but they will be able to do so in their preferred language. People love using tablet technology and nowadays it is becoming common-place but is still exciting.”
Features such as iRiS’ “Shortlist”
The design, look and feel is bespoke for Marriott International and tailored for each property; diners view stunning images, and are offered three separate categories: Sommelier, Bar and Menu.
The development and design of the F&B and Room Valet product is currently in progress and will see the tablet option deployed with the opening of the new China Ritz-Carlton hotels.
Pictured at the official signing ceremony are from left to right:
Marriott International VP of IR for Middle East & Africa, Waleid Ibrahim; Marriott International Global CIO, Bruce Hoffmeister;
# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #
About iRiS Software Systems
* London-based iRiS Software Systems Ltd is an award-winning interactive guest services application creator, providing apps designed for hotels, cruise lines and restaurants. The iRiS applications are designed to improve the guest experience, increase revenues and reduce costs, improve communications between guests and staff and provide a smart marketing tool. Both tablet and mobile phone applications are available
* iRiS Valet is the award-winning, interactive, multi-lingual guest services app. The iRiS F&B Suite is a world-leading multi-lingual, digital menu, sommelier and bar application. iRiS Lobby is a lobby application designed to deliver hotel information and surrounding facilities such as attractions, excursion, museums, restaurants, hotel schedules, check-in, weather and more. iRiS Mobile Valet delivers this information directly onto guests' smart-phones and is available on multiple smartphone platforms. iRiS Spa is an innovative spa application designed to engage customers and entice.
* More than 200 hotels worldwide currently work with iRiS Valet and/or iRiS F&B
* iRiS works with other major hotel brands including: Mandarin Oriental, Orient Express, Starwood, Hilton, Accor, Swire, as well as with a number of independents
* iRiS has representation across every continent with major offices in UK, USA and Asia countries with iRiS installations include: USA, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Mauritius, Switzerland, China, Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Russia, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, India, Kenya, Malta, Turkey, Qatar and Australia
* iRiS won the 2012 Travolution Technological Innovation Award for its market-leading iRiS Valet application that allows guests to view hotel facilities and book services at the touch of a button
For further information visit www.irisvalet.com or www.marriott.com
Press release distributed on May 28th, 2013 on behalf of iRiS Software Systems. For more information, email: email@example.com (mailto:darren.panto@