- May 26, 2013
-- New parents would have the desire to buy everything for their baby. However, if they are planning to buy new items for their new born, then it's going to be really expensive and their budget will skyrocket. Checking out the consignment shops or yard sale that is hosted in their neighborhood, will give them a better bargain for the money they spend on the gently used baby items. All that most of the used baby items require is a quick cleaning. Many of the baby items would have been used only for a few months before the baby outgrows them. However, before purchasing any used baby products, check the recall lists. Here is a list of must-have baby items that are safe to buy used.
- Before buying the crib ensure that it meets the national safety standards and is in good condition. Check for the certification seal. Remember that the crib slats should not be wide and the mattress should fit snugly.
· Playpens and play tents
- If the play yards have protruding hardware or rotating top rails, then it is included in the recalled lists. The play tents are collapsible ensure that the when they are put up, it stays put without collapsing.
· Baby swing
- This is one item which the babies will outgrow fast and are best bought used. Check whether the harness of the seat is intact and the lap bar snap closes tightly.
- Yard sales and thrift stores have a good supply of used toys. When buying used toys, remember to disinfect them before allowing your baby to play with them.
· Baby clothes
- babies grow quickly and they grow out of their clothes quickly. Buying new clothes once in three months can be very expensive, even if you shop at a cheapest clothing store. You check out at your neighborhood consignment stores or garage sale for gently used baby clothing.
These days, the trend is to check the online sites such as everydayyardsale.com
) for gently used baby items which include baby seat, strollers, toys and so on.
There are around 100s of gently-used baby products registered for selling at everydayyardsale.com. Take a peek- http://everydayyardsale.com/productsublist/Buy-Sell-Trade/294/Babyand-kid-stuff.htm
) for more garage sale tips. As always, enjoy free advertising for selling your items and locating yard sales in your area.