News By Tag
News By Place
The Frederick Film Festival Announces the Complete List of Films Selected for 2013
The Frederick Film Festival has announced all the festival’s selected films for the 2013 festival taking place in Downtown Frederick, Maryland on June 28-30.
The Official Selections:
* Feature Films (Documentary and Narrative):
* Swim Little Fish Swim - Comedy - US/France - Directed by Ruben Amar, Lola Bessis
* Married and Counting - Documentary - US - Directed by Allan Piper
* The Klezmatics: On Holy Ground - Documentary - US - Directed by Erik Anjou
* Pulp Farsi - Documentary - Australia/Iran - Directed by David Vee - US Premiere
* Gold Fever - Documentary - US/Canada/Guatemala - Directed by J.T. Haines, Tommy Haines, Andrew Sherburne
* Cholita Libre: If You Don’t Fight, You’ve Already Lost – Germany/Bolivia – US Premiere
* Dear Mr. Watterson - Documentary - US - Directed by Joel Schroeder
* Led Zeppelin Played Here - Documentary - US - Directed by Jeff Krulik - World Premiere
* The Nextnik - Comedy/Drama - US - Directed by Mike Kravinsky
* New River: A Family Musical History Tour - Documentary - US - Directed by Tom Sims
* Aficionados - Comedy/Romance - Spain - Directed by ARTURO DUEÑAS
* Route 30, Too! - Comedy - US - Directed by John Putch
* Skorpionit (Scorpions) – Documentary - Finland/Cambodia. Director: Simo Hakalisto – US Premiere
* Deserteur! (Glorious Deserter) - Documentary-
* Halaw (The Ways of the Sea) - Drama - Philippines. Director: Sheron R. Dayoc
* Short Films (less than 60 minutes long)
* Luminaris - stop motion - Argentina – Directed by Juan Pablo Zaramella
* Bollocks - Comedy - UK - Directed by Simon J. Riley - US Premiere
* Devils, Angels, and Dating - Animation - US – Directed by Michael Cawood
* El Rastrillo Se Quiere Comprometer (Rake’s Commitment) - Comedy - Spain - Directed by Santi Veiga – US Premiere
* Nullarbor - Animated - Australia - Directed by Alister Lockhart, Patrick Sarell
* Il Lucchetto (The Padlock) - Comedy - Italy - Directed by Ettore Nicoletti
* Love at First Sight - Comedy - UK/Spain – Directed by Mark Playne
* Miruna - Thriller - Poland - Directed by Piotr Sulkowski - US Premiere
* Ashes - Animated - US – Directed by M. Boehman, K. Morales - World Premiere
* Eddie Kirkland: Born With It - Documentary - US – Directed by Joe DiMaggio - World Premiere
* Seraph - Animated - US – Music by Sigur Ros - Directed by Dash Shaw.
* Checkpoint - Drama - France – Directed by Ruben Amar.
* Dessine moi un Bouton - Animated - France – Directed by Gary Lebel.
* Gamba Trista (Loser Leg) - Animated - Italy – Directed by Francesco Filippi
* Mi Ojo Derecho (Apple of my Eye) - Drama - Spain –. Directed by Josecho De Linares.
* Nadine - Experimental Documentary - US – Directed by Keith Chester - US Premiere
* Songs in Oblivion - Documentary - India - Directed by Samrat Chakraborty - US Premiere
* The Hunter - Drama - Russia/Armenia - Directed by Ara Arush - US Premiere
* The Puritans - Drama - US - Directed by Sean Robinson
* X - Animation - UK – Directed by Max Hattler
* Crocodiles without Saddles – Documentary – Germany/Benin/
* Dundun – Documentary – Nigeria – Directed by Tejumola Afolayan, Ibisankale Kayode – US Premiere
* Ngwane: The Kingdom of Swaziland – Documentary – France/Swaziland – Directed by Natacha Giler – US Premiere
* The Radar – Comedy – France – Directed by Jan Rouiller, Nicky Marbot
* Shift – Animation – UK – Directec by Max Hattler
* Dark Mechanism – Animation – US – Directed by Ihab Mardini
* Decapoda Shock – SF/Comedy – Spain – Directed by Javier Chillon
* OK Cupid – Comedy – US – Directed by Jeb Banegas
* Yiddish Hillbillies – Comedy/Animated – US – Directed by Eric Krasner
* The Way to Sundance – Documentary – Switzerland/
More than 25 countries are represented in the films selected for the 2013 Frederick Film Festival and many of those shorts and features are award winners and highly acclaimed in their native countries. The F3 is attempting to broaden the scope of film-goers with a festival that is truly international in spirit, not just in name.
In addition to the films, many film professionals will be attending in support of their films. John Putch, son of actress Jean Stapleton, and successful director of such shows as "Cougartown"
The F3 is never at a loss for musical entertainment and this year is no exception. In addition to such regional favorites as Ted Garber (who is playing our Kickoff Event on June 15 at Monocacy Brewing Company. Tickets at: www.F3Tix.com)
Finally, the F3 is proud to welcome the Grammy-winning, legendary band, The Klezmatics to follow the documentary film about them that will be screened on Saturday, June 29. Over the years the Klezmatics have collaborated with such brilliant artists as violinist Itzhak Perlman, signer Arlo Guthrie, poet Alan Ginsberg, Pulitzer prize-winning playwright Tony Kushner and Israeli vocal icon Chava Alberstein, plus many other prominent artists working within multiple genres.
Tickets to the Frederick Film Festival are on sale now at the Weinberg Center and Weinberg Center Website (www.WeinbergCenter.org)
Friday only Ticket: $10 (includes Afterparty at Brewer’s Alley)
Saturday only Ticket: $20 (includes Klezmatics concert)
Sunday only Ticket: $10
ENTIRE Weekend pass: $30 (includes Klezmatics and Afterparty)
Klezmatics ONLY concert: $20 in advance ($25 at the door)
For more information go to: www.FrederickFilmFest.com or by emailing at: info@FrederickFilmFest.com
Media Contact :
Frederick Film Festival
Frederick, MD 21705