News By Tag
* Women S Fashion
* Product Innovation
* Ponytail Cap
* Sporting Goods
* New Products Women
* More Tags...
News By Place
Follow on Google News
Crowd-Funding Goes Straight To The Head
Girls and Giggles Launches Crowd-Funding Campaign on Kickstarter.com
Their goal is to raise the money it takes to create the tools and dies necessary to mass-produce the GG Cap, and answer the tremendous demand for their innovative product.
The GG Cap is the perfect accessory for active girls and women. It is a fun and stylish cap that allows you to put your hair in a ponytail and eliminates the ponytail headache or bump, all while keeping the hair off the back of the your neck.
In order to make a ball cap for women by women, Girls and Giggles needs to manufacture a cap unlike any other. Traditional ball caps are all sized basically the same way without taking into account the uniqueness and preferences of women. Girls and Giggles wants to make a ball cap tailored for women and their specific needs.
To do this will take a significant investment.
“It will take around $20,000 to make the tools and dies we need to manufacture the GG Cap for girls and women of all ages,” says Andrea Smith, CEO and Co-Founder of Girls and Giggles.
There are several reasons why Girls and Giggles is choosing to launch the GG Cap on Kickstarter.com <http://www.kickstarter.com/
• We know it will be successful!
• We love the GG Cap - and we have had the same response from other women who have had the experience of wearing our cap.
• We believe Kickstarter will help women world wide become aware of our cap - a must have accessory!
• We want to be in control of our brand and products. Through Kickstarter we can raise the money we need without giving pieces of our company away!
• We want to get this out to the public fast. Raising the money we need in 30 days or less will help us to do that.
According to the 2009 U.S. Census women have been out-spending men in sporting goods apparel and equipment for nearly two decades. Yet with all the changes that have been made, the category for baseball caps has done little to address this growing segment.
“Go to any retailer, and ask them for a cap for women. They generally have a small selection that is predominantly pink,“ says Andrea Smith. “Ask them why they don’t offer fitted caps to women. The reason is there’s no place to put their hair in a fitted cap! Traditional ball caps with the adjustable back require women to either wear their down or in a low ponytail. This is not where women normally wear their ponytail.”
The key to the patent pending design of the GG Cap is the elasticized ponytail hole. This allows women to enjoy the tailored feel of a fitted baseball cap while giving them a comfortable and stylish way to wear their hair.
Statistics for Women in Sports and Sports Apparel:
• US Census 2009: Out of 100,000 households surveyed, women accounted for 51% of consumer purchases of sporting goods.
• Sports & Fitness Industry Association 2012 U.S. Trends in Team Sports Report stated that, “within the past 3 years team sports has taken a strong root among adult women”.
• Leisure Trends Group reported in December 2011 that Women’s sportswear growth outpaced men’s, 43% vs. 29%; with women’s and men’s sportswear totaling $118M and $221M, respectively.
About Girls and Giggles
Linnie Warnick and her daughter Andrea Smith founded Girls and Giggles, with one purpose in mind, to continually remind women of all ages how much fun it is to be a girl! Now that they have added sister/daughter Adrienne Lewis to their team they are unstoppable!
Sources For Data and Information
Link to Kickstarter Campaign
Link to US Census Data Source: http://www.census.gov/
Link to Sports & Fitness Industry Association 2012 U.S. Trends in Team Sports Report Data
Page Updated Last on: May 22, 2013