News By Tag
News By Place
10 Questions for Choosing Accommodation for a Romantic Escape
So you’re looking for a romantic getaway in a secluded rainforest cottage or cabin. Be sure to ask the right questions so you get the accommodation you expect.
But there’s a wide range of accommodation including motels, hotel rooms, basic cabins, bed and breakfast, secluded cottages, luxury boutique hotel and holiday homes. So make sure you ask the right questions before you book so you get the accommodation that’s right for you.
1. Is the accommodation in a peaceful setting or on a main road? Check that it's close to restaurants and not 5km down a steep winding track that won’t be kind to your new sports car.
2. If you want a secluded cottage, ask how close your cottage is to the next one.
3. What size is the bed?
4. Does the cottage have a spa? Is it located in the bathroom looking at the toilet or in a spot with a nicer outlook?
5. Is there a separate shower or is the shower over the spa?
6. How big is the TV and is there a DVD player. If you’re a sports lover, you won’t watch the big game on a little old box. If the accommodation is in hilly terrain, double-check that it has TV reception.
7. Log fires add a romantic touch but check that it has a log fire and wood is supplied and available year-round.
8. If you want to enjoy the surroundings, ask if the cottage has a deck and BBQ.
9. Does the accommodation have kitchen facilities?
10. Is breakfast provided in the accommodation package? Is it cooked for you or provided as a hamper for you to prepare? Is it a continental breakfast or does the hamper include eggs and bacon?
And now a few answers about Montville Grove cottages.
Montville Grove cottages are located on Western Avenue, 3km from Montville’s Main Street at the quiet leafy end of Western Avenue where you won’t be kept awake by traffic noise. But these cottages are only a few minutes drive from Montville so it’s easy to go out for coffee, lunch, dinner, wine tasting.
Privacy is an important consideration and at Montville Grove, the cottages are well-separated, oriented so the decks face in different directions and surrounded by a lush rainforest garden.
Montville Grove cottages have queen size beds, spas which are in the bedroom with garden or lake views and separate bathrooms.
The cottages have good TV reception and big flat screen TVs in the living area in each cottage. Two of the cottages have a second flat-screen TV/DVD in the bedroom and each cottage has a selection of movies.
Montville Grove cottages have log fires and are always stocked with wood. They also have a deck with a barbecue, nice outdoor furniture and beautiful views.
Kitchen facilities include a fridge, microwave, gas stovetop or electric hotplate, kitchen utensils and saucepans, plates and wineglasses.
The accommodation package at Montville Grove includes a breakfast hamper with free-range eggs, bacon, creamy Maleny yoghurt, sourdough bread from the Montville baker, home-made jam and plunger coffee roasted locally by Montville Coffee.
For more information visit http://www.montvillegrove.com.au