News By Tag
News By Location
Announcing TechEDGE 2013 Speakers, Topics and Sponsors
TechEDGE 2013, Lynchburg, Virginia's premiere business, education and technology conference, is coming May 23 with 4 themed sessions, 12 speakers and much more. This year's lineup is a dynamic mix of leaders presenting in a fast-paced format.
By: Virginia's Region 2000 Technology Council
Some of the featured speakers who will be presenting include: John Provo, Director, Office of Economic Development of Virginia Tech, Rob McClintock, VP of Research for VEDP, Alex Euler the Investment Director for CIT Gap Funds, Tom Scott Professor at Sweet Briar College, Jonathan Hagmaier, CEO of Interactive Achievement, Inc., Elizabeth Narehood, Director of the Future Focus Foundation, Denise Scruggs, Director of the Beard Center on Aging at Lynchburg College, Connie Burnette, VP, Department Manager of Human Resources at Wiley Wilson, Bob Bailey, Executive Director, of the Center for Advanced Engineering and Research, Michael Drzal, Principle/Attorney at LeClair Ryan, and Dr. Andrew Cook Sr, Senior Vice President Operational Excellence and Innovation at AREVA.
Session themes and sponsors, which also correspond to regional technology awards, include: Leadership (sponsored by CIT), Entrepreneurship (sponsored by AMTI), STEM Education and Workforce Development (sponsored by Lumos Networks), and Innovation (sponsored by AREVA). Session talks include:
• The New Economy And Why What Your Dad Told You Is Wrong
• Why Virginia Tops The Charts And What’s About To Change
• Why Now Is The Time To Start A Technology Company Top 5 Things
• Entrepreneurs Want And Need Right Now If At First You Don’t Succeed, Fail Again
• How Stem Education Will Save Our Economy
• Baby Boomers And The Impending Workforce Shortage
• The HR Perspective – Who We’re Looking To Hire
• The Impact And Future Of Regional Research Clusters
• Crowdsourcing and Crowdfunding
• What Innovation Is And Is Not
This half-day regional conference will be capped off in the evening with member exhibits and casual business networking. Registration is anticipated to continue filling up quickly, so those attending are encouraged to reserve seats as soon as possible.
For more information on TechEDGE 2013 please visit: http://www.Techcouncil.us/