News By Tag
News By Place
10 Travel Tips for Holiday Rental in Lorgues
Getting the best from your vacation - A holiday rental in Lorgues.
By: Holiday Rental Lorgues
1. When traveling by plane, consider taking along an electronic reading device. Using an electronic reader, rather than paper books, means you can pack more reading material in a smaller space. It also means new books will be instantly available to you if you finish the one you have.
2. If you are traveling on a road trip with other drivers, make sure to switch up frequently. Many people drive until they get sleepy and then change, going to bed while the other driver continues the journey. You will be able to drive for longer periods if you change drivers on a schedule before anyone becomes overtired.
3. Before you travel to a foreign country you should know if they accept American dollars, or if they don't, what currency you need. You should be well aware of the current exchange rate because oftentimes foreign merchants will rip off Americans because they do not know the value of their money in the foreign country.
4. No matter where you're going, buying insurance when you fly is a good idea. Insurance will let you cancel your travel plans last minute with a full (or partial, depending on the insurance) refund. Last minute emergencies happen and you don't want to be out several hundred dollars for missing your flight.
5. Always bring a copy of all reservations with you. This way, if you get to your hotel or car rental and they say they don't have a reservation for you, you'll have proof. This can save you a lot of headaches and is relatively easy to do. Just print everything out and keep them in an organized binder or folder.
6. When planning a road trip with small children, it would be in everyone's best intersect to plan it around their usual sleep schedule. Some parents take advantage of late nights when their kids will be asleep for most of the trip, while other parents travel around their kids' nap times.
7. When traveling, leave some unplanned time in your schedule. This allows for some rest time or to see an unplanned attraction you didn't know about. Having a more open schedule makes everyone happier and you might get more accomplished during your trip.
8. Get to know the generic names of common pain relievers before travel. If you find that you need to purchase something at a drugstore it is helpful to know that Acetaminophen is the same thing as your favorite headache reliever, even if the drugstore does not carry the same brand. Ibuprofen and Naproxen are also common drugs.
9. If you have a fear of flying and need a drink to help you relax on the plane, always make sure that you add two drinks of water to that one alcoholic beverage. The worst thing you can do is drink too much on a plane and get sick or dehydrated.
10. If you need a rental car while on vacation consider renting an eco-friendly car. Zipcar and Flexcar are both "green" car-sharing programs which offer travelers low fees and convenient drop off and pick up. You will be able to reduce car emissions by renting the smallest car you can or a hybrid car.