News By Tag
News By Place
Crisis Management Conference Crisis Management Building a Strategic 21st Century Capability
LONDON: On 15th May 2013, the inaugural one-day conference “Crisis Management: Building a Strategic 21st Century Capability” will be held at One Great George Street, Westminster, London SW1P 3AA.
The conference brings together leading exponents of crisis management to discuss how global organisations are protecting their people, future performance and reputation from the impact of crises, incidents and major disruptions through delivery of effective crisis management strategies.
Speakers include Heads of Resilience, Crisis Management, Security and Business Continuity from Unilever, Goldman Sachs, the BBC, the Bank of England, Chartered Institute of Public relations (CIPR) and the University of Liverpool.
The keynote address will be delivered by Dr Robert MacFarlane of the UK Cabinet Office, “Building a Resilient World: the key role of crisis management in the 21st Century”. He will discuss the UK Government view of the resilience agenda to support a successful future for the UK’s great institutions, organisations, companies and infrastructure.
The reasons for attending the conference are the same as the drivers that led to its inception. The frequency of crises is increasing; organisations suffering setbacks of newsworthy proportions are becoming common place. Why? What can organisations do about it? The agenda addresses these and other crucial issues as well as creating a unique opportunity for delegates to share views and experience:
• How and why does crisis management fit into a 21st Century resilience strategy?
• What are the tools and procedures necessary to manage a crisis?
• How to link your crisis management and crisis communications effectively.
• How to manage the speed and flow of information in a 24/7 environment.
• How are communications links being built between the private sector and emergency services?
• Where should the focus of your CEO be?
• Progress with the new British Standard in Crisis Management, BS 11200
See the full programme and register now at http://crisismanagement2013.eventbrite.co.uk
Page Updated Last on: Apr 04, 2013