Mercedes-Benz Unveils new 6x6 Off-Road Vehicle Concept

The new six-wheeled vehicle provides go-anywhere capability with impressive luxury.
By: Motor Werks Mercedes-Benz of Barrington
 
 
Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG® 6x6
Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG® 6x6
 
Spread the Word
Listed Under

Tags:
Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG
Mercedes-Benz Luxury Vehicle
Off-Road Vehicle Concept

Industry:
Automotive

Location:
Barrington - Illinois - US

BARRINGTON, Ill. - March 27, 2013 - PRLog -- Those shopping for a luxury off-road vehicle at Mercedes-Benz dealerships like Motor Werks of Barrington (http://www.motorwerksmercedes.com/index.htm) might be in for a surprise in the future. If a 2013 G63 AMG® isn’t rugged enough, buyers will have the option of picking up a new version with two extra wheels. The German automaker has unveiled this new vehicle at an exclusive event in Dubai this past week, and has now released videos showing what the new G63 AMG® 6x6 can do off-road.

The new Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG® 6x6 shares most of its underlying hardware with the four-wheel version. It gets the same 5.5L twin turbocharged V8 engine, which cranks out 544 hp and 560 lb-ft of torque. Also shared is the same seven-speed automatic transmission. The big difference is the stretched body, which accommodates a pickup bed and a third axle. Mercedes-Benz and AMG® engineers opted to send 40% of the torque from the engine to the middle axle, and split the remaining 60% between the other two. Performance estimates include a 0-to-60-mph time of around seven seconds and a top speed of over 100 mph.

It includes a built-in air compressor, which can adjust tire pressure on the fly. The vehicle also features five locking differentials, off-road tires, and 18 inches of ground clearance, and it can even ford three feet of water. While it’s based on a special edition vehicle that was manufactured for the Australian military, this Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG® 6x6 concept is equipped with a variety of luxury features. With the MSRP of the four-wheeled Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG® starting at $135,205, the 6x6 version will undoubtedly be priced somewhat higher.

While only two models of the Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG® 6x6 concept have been created, it is likely that the German automaker will put it into at least a very limited production run.

Area drivers should contact Motor Werks of Barrington to find out how to get into the current Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG®. Motor Werks of Barrington is a leading Chicago area Mercedes-Benz dealership (http://www.motorwerksmercedes.com/dealership/directions.htm) located at 1475 S Barrington Rd in Barrington, IL.
End
Email:***@launchdigitalmarketing.com Email Verified
Phone:(866) 895-7310
Account Phone Number Verified     Disclaimer     Report Abuse
Motorwerks BMW PRs
Trending News
Most Viewed
Top Daily News



Like PRLog?
9K2K1K
Click to Share