Ten ways to ease neck pain by Dr K K Aggarwal
Neck stiffness is common and can be uncomfortable enough to hamper day to day life. Ten easy steps can prevent neck pain said Padmashri and Dr B C Roy National Awardee Dr KK Aggarwal
By: HEART CARE FOUNDATION OF INDIA
Following are the ten steps
1. Don’t stay in one position for too long
2. Keep the computer monitor at eye level.
3. Use the hands-free function of the phone or wear a headset.
4. Prop your touch-screen tablet or the ipad on a pillow so that it sits at a 45° angle, instead of lying flat on your lap.
5. Keep wearing glass number up to date to prevent leaning your head back to see better.
6. Don’t use too many pillows as it can stifle your neck’s range of motion.
7. Before you move a big wardrobe across the room, consider what it might do to your neck and back, and ask for help.
8. Sleep well.
9. Call your doctor if neck pain is associated with radiating pain, weakness, or numbness of an arm or leg.
10. Also call the doctor if you have fever or weight loss associated with your neck pain, or severe pain.
About HCFI : The only National Not for profit NGO, on whose mega community health education events, Govt. of India has released two National commemorative stamps and one cancellation stamp, and who has conducted one to one training on” Hands only CPR” of 30313 people since 1st November 2012.
The CPR 10 Mantra is – “within 10 minutes of death, earlier the better; at least for the next 10minutes, longer the better; compress the centre of the chest of the dead person continuously and effectively with a speed of 10x10 i.e. 100 per minute.”
About the author: Padmashri & Dr. B.C. Roy National Awardee, Dr. KK Aggarwal is a Senior Consultant, Physician, Cardiologist at Delhi based Moolchand Medcity; President Heart Care Foundation of India; Chairman Ethical Committee Delhi Medical Council and Has served as the Research and Academic Wing Heads of National Indian Medical Association.