News By Tag
* More Industries...
News By Place
Best Choice Engineered Wood Flooring
Some homeowners think that engineered flooring is not as good as solid 3/4 IN. thick flooring because they are under the impression that it’s cheaply made. Well, as with all consumer products, manufacturers do make products at all levels of quality
Engineered woods floors are built with 3-12 multiple ply layers that are cross layered, glued, and pressed together (see picture below). The inner core layers are generally built up with either a hardwood and/or soft plywood type of material, which incorporates the tongue and groove system. The top thicker hardwood veneer is then glued and pressed on the top surface
The benefits of using engineered wood floors include a higher resistance to moisture levels than solid wood flooring. In addition, engineered flooring can be directly glued down over dry concrete slabs or stapled down over a wood subfloor.
Engineered hardwood floors range in widths from 3-7 inches wide and in thicknesses from 3/8 – ¾”. They come is a wide variety of domestic and exotic hardwoods and are even available in hand scraped styles. Thicker engineered flooring (2-6mm thick wear layer) can be completely sanded and refinished 1-5 times giving them a life span of 40-80 years
Engineered flooring can be used on any grade level and can be installed over concrete, vinyl, tile, or existing plywood flooring.
Review the Benefits of Buying an Engineered Floor:
1. Engineered floors
have a lifespan anywhere from 30-100 years.
2. Engineered floors allow you to have a wood floor on any grade level.
3. Engineered floors can be used on wood subfloors or dry concrete slabs.
4. Engineered floors are more dimensionally stable than solid wood floors.
5. Engineered floors are available in my different sizes, color, and styles.
6. Hardwood flooring is the only floor covering that increases the value of your home.
7. Hardwood flooring does not cause allergies.