News By Tag
News By Place
Acquire the latest guidance for signal detection in compliance to the new EU GVP legislation
Join fellow industry professionals at SMi's Masterclass - Assuring Best Practice in Signal Detection & Management for GVP place on 10th April 2013, Central London
The European Pharmacovigilance Legislation (2012) pointed out signals should follow a process of validation, prioritisation and assessment, and an audit trail of activities should be kept as part of the quality management system.
Against this backdrop, SMi Group’s timely; full-day masterclass will provide attendees with an in-depth insight into signal detection and will cover compliance with the new EU GVP legislation and how to apply this to the new PSUR - led by Nawab Qizilbash, Head of Oxon Epidemiology Team. This interactive session will explore implementation, quality and auditability of signal detection, as well as providing the opportunity to discuss recent case studies on how other companies are implementing compliant statistical signal detection strategies.
Delegates attending will benefit from:
• Appreciate the requirements of the new EU legislation (GVP) for signal detection
• Application of signal detection to the new PSUR
• How to make signal detection traceable and auditable
• Describe the role of statistical signal detection in the new GVP
• Understand the principles and practice of statistical signal detection & evaluation
• Learn how other companies implement statistical signal detection
• Discuss how to implement/optimise statistical signal detection strategies in your company for GVP
• Learn from real-life case studies and exercises
*notes to editors
Nawab Qizilbash MBChB MRCP(UK) BSc MSc DPhil(Oxon.)
Marta Mariño BSc is Director of Pharmacovigilance at OXON, and brings the experience of being Head of Pharmacovigilance at Schering-Plough, Spain from 1995-2010, until the takeover by MSD. She ensures that all safety aspects of OXON’s work for clients are compliant with current regulations and auditable.
About OXON Epidemiology
OXON Epidemiology is a European full-service CRO with Asian and Latin American reach that specialises in ´real word data´(www.oxonepi.com):
To view the conference programme and full speaker line-up, visit http://www.smi-
Alternatively contact Cem Tuna on +44 (0) 20 7827 6736 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Page Updated Last on: Feb 28, 2013