TRU Staffing Partners and LIU Post Partner to Bring e-Discovery Bootcamp to Legal Industry
Registration is now open for five-day, 35-hour course in e-discovery scheduled for May 2-7, 2013
The course will focus on electronic discovery, the process of identifying, evaluating and producing electronically stored data for use as evidence in court cases and will be presented at LIU Post May 2, 3, 4, 6 and 7, offering paralegal students as well as working paralegals, attorneys and the public expertise in an emerging aspect of the legal field.
Common best practices and workflow techniques for electronic data manipulation and analysis will be covered during the program. It will familiarize students with the essentials of e-discovery project management including:
• The evolution of litigation support
• The role and expansion of EDRM and the litigation lifecycle
• Information management
• Identification and categorization of relevant data
• Preservation and collection
• Data processing, review and analysis
• Document review and managed review
• Production and presentation of information
• How to leverage e-discovery knowledge professionally
Instructors for the course include Kara Buzga, Paralegal Supervisor in the New York office of Mayer Brown; Nick Eglevsky, Litigation Support Manager for Kelley Drye and Warren; Jared Coseglia, President of TRU Staffing Partners; and other leading industry professionals.
In addition to teaching, Buzga and Eglevsky will work closely with Coseglia and Dr. Judith Mathers Maloney at LIU Post on curriculum development.
“This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for emerging e-discovery professionals to be taught by actual hiring managers in the industry,” stated Coseglia. “The curriculum is being specifically designed to give students exposure to practical skills needed to break in to the business. For any paralegal or legal assistant looking to transition into the e-discovery space, this course will give you the foundation necessary to begin considering a new career path.”
“The e-Discovery Bootcamp will be a valuable opportunity for students in the LIU Post Paralegal Studies program to gain specialized knowledge about a segment of the paralegal profession that is becoming more important all the time,” said LIU Post Director of Paralegal Studies Dr. Judith Mathers Maloney. “Their career options and earning power will increase.”
This program is included in the TRU Staffing Partners Scholarship Program (www.trustaffingpartners.com)
• At least one full scholarship to attend the e-Discovery Bootcamp to the chosen participant who completes a full application to LIU Post’s Paralegal Studies program and is admitted to the program.
• A 20 percent discount on the e-Discovery Bootcamp to anyone who completes a full application to LIU Post’s Paralegal Studies program and is admitted to the program, but is not selected for a scholarship.
• A 20 percent discount on the e-Discovery Bootcamp is available to "new alumni," that is, LIU Post Paralegal Studies Program graduates from 2012 through 2013 (verification required).
To qualify for LIU Post’s Paralegal Studies Program applicants must have a minimum of 60 college credits (18 of which must be in general education), or an associate’s or bachelor’s degree. A completed application to the LIU Post Paralegal Studies Program (including a personal statement); official university transcripts;
Registration is now available - http://cwpostliu.rxschool.com/
About LIU Post
LIU Post’s Paralegal Studies program received American Bar Association approval in 1987, in recognition of its “high quality paralegal education and training and the development of educational standards.” Open to prospective students who hold a bachelor’s or associate degree or have 60 credits or more from an accredited institution, the full-time day program can be completed in as little as three months and the part-time evening program can be completed in about seven months. In 2012, the Paralegal Studies program adopted a blended format, in which students combine classroom learning with online study. For more information on the ABA-approved Paralegal Studies Program at LIU Post, visit www.liu.edu/
About TRU Staffing Partners
TRU Staffing Partners (www.trustaffingpartners.com)