News By Tag
News By Place
Ford is One of the Most Innovative Companies in 2013
Fast Company spotlighted Ford’s leadership in automotive software.
This year Ford won major kudos for driving the technology side of the automotive industry with their unique suite of services to provide drivers with an innovative integrated auto experience.
Fast Company pointed out a number of features that, when all rolled into one car, provide a unique driving experience. The tech features in any new Ford are centralized in the SYNC system, which is powered by Microsoft. These are some of the features that the SYNC system can provide:
• Personalized daily information:
• SYNC 911 Assist: Any time an air bag deploys or a crash is detected the SYNC system calls emergency services and tells them the location of the vehicle.
• SYNC AppLink: This system integrates smartphone apps and enables voice control and streaming audio through the SYNC system.
• SYNC Internet Connectivity:
• SYNC Audible Text Messages: SYNC can read aloud text messages as they are received.
• Vehicle Diagnostics:
Ford, which was founded in 1903, was one of the first automakers to introduce mass-production techniques like assembly lines, enabling lower cost automobiles. Now, Ford is the first automaker with a dedicated technology research and development facility in Palo Alto in Silicon Valley.
Lake Shore Ford proud to provide all the latest Ford vehicles in addition to pre-owned cars, and repair services at their dealership at 244 Melton Road in Burns Harbor, Indiana.