Denver rug cleaning, on how to clean a rug
Sometimes, a small water-based stain can be removed by an immediate proper action. Knowing how to deal with them once the disaster occurs can easily save the value of an antique Persian rug.
There are two types of spills that we come across most frequently, and your stains will most likely fall within these categories. There are water based spills that we will cover in this article, and then there are oil base spills that you should be especially couscous with. “Tea and coffee spill are the most common stains we come across and the Rug & Carpet Clinic,” says Mansour Fotovat, “and the damage from theses stains can be reduced significantly if the owners attend to it right away.” If not attended to, these spills may cause semi-permanent discoloration of the rug that can only be recovered through specialty tools.
So if you fall victim to a water based spill, here is what is best to do but before this process, you want to test the colors to make sure they are permanent and there is no risk of color run:
1. Fill a small container with room temperature water.
2. Use a table spoon to collect as much of the water based liquid, prior to pouring any water.
3. In scooping up the spill, be sure to move your spoon in the same direction of the nap of the rug. You can potentially deepen the spill into the pile otherwise.
4. Dump the collected liquid in a separate container.
5. Now, gently apply the water to the stain and collect with the tablespoon. With each pour, only pour as much as three table spoons. You don’t want the stain to spread.
6. Dump the collected water into a separate container.
7. Continue these steps until the liquid collected in the spoon no longer contains the stain color.
If you have not acted immediately, perhaps you’ve been reading this article, the stain may be slightly harder to remove. If so, follow the steps mentioned above, and apply slightly warmer water afterwards along with regular hand-washing soap. Clean the soap in the same fashion already mentioned and it should work. If this does not work, you have probably let it sit for too long and you ought to dial our number.
In the event of an oil based spill, you should contact a professional immediately. And always remember to give us a call with any rug cleaning questions.
To learn more tips about rugs and carpets, visit www.RugAndCarpetClinic.com.