News By Tag
News By Location
Is your Supply Chain Thriving or Surviving? AEB Conference looks at Supply Chain Efficiency
AEB (International) Ltd is inviting supply chain professionals to a conference titled "Is your Supply Chain Thriving or Surviving?”. The event takes place on Thursday, 11th April 2013 at the Mallory Court Hotel in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire.
Supply chains are becoming increasingly complex: they need to be flexible enough to adapt to fluctuations and disruptions, and stable enough to continuously increase customer satisfaction levels and provide for sustainable business growth. Striking the right balance is a tremendous challenge, particularly while trying to minimise risks and reduce costs at the same time. How can supply chain managers make the transition from merely reacting to customer demand and struggling to fulfil delivery promises (surviving), to pro-actively managing a transparent and integrated supply chain network that keeps a competitive edge while ensuring global customs compliance (thriving)?
The conference scrutinises the various segments of today's supply chains to identify the main cost drivers and risks, explore potential areas of improvement and introduce best-practice examples from key industry players. Delegates will hear presentations from supply chain experts and will be able to network with industry peers.
The conference programme includes the following topics:
• Holistic approach to SCM, lean processes and total cost of ownership
• Linking physical and financial supply chain flows for highest returns
• Carrier integration and freight cost optimisation strategies
• Adding value through special customs procedures and AEO
• Organising for success: end-to-end approach for agile and competitive supply chains
• Innovative supply chain tools to drive savings, performance and visibility
The following speakers have been confirmed:
• Stuart Morrison, Chief Executive Officer, EZD Limited
• Julian Ogden, Indirect Tax Controller, United Biscuits (UK) Ltd.
• Paul Bolton, Sales and Dispatch Manager, National Institute for Biological Standards and Control (NIBSC)
• Ulrike Rowbottom, Global Category Manager - Supply Chain & Logistics, SGS United Kingdom Ltd
• Jonathan Downes, Supply Chain Director, Westmill Foods
• Phil Lavin, Sales Manager, AEB (International)
Beverages, snacks and a complimentary lunch will be provided. Attendance is free for CILT members, and non-members will be charged a £20 administration fee. Bookings can be made via the CILT(UK) membership services, tel. +44 (0)1536 740 104 or by sending an email to email@example.com, mentioning CILT(UK) event code COR0303.
- Ends -
For further information, photos or interview requests, please contact Andrea Krug, Krug Communications Ltd, tel. +44 (0)7740 245 867, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. To find out more about AEB’s software solutions please visit www.aeb-international.co.uk.
Notes to Editors
About AEB GmbH (www.aeb-international.co.uk)
AEB is one of Europe's leading providers of supply chain logistics software and has been delivering solutions to customers for over thirty years. The company has over 6,000 customers worldwide and is headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany, supported by offices in the UK, Switzerland, Singapore and the US. AEB’s core product - ASSIST4 - is the comprehensive solution suite for all logistics processes in global business. ASSIST4 offers a complete set of business services for end-to-end logistics, including international goods movements, making it possible to standardise and automate business processes in supply chain execution. ASSIST4 also creates transparency and provides a reliable basis for making the right decisions about the planning, monitoring, control and continual optimisation of supply networks, even beyond the boundaries of the business. The ASSIST4 suite offers full functionality via a wide range of modules including Visibility & Collaboration Platform, Order Management, Warehouse Management, Transport & Freight Management, Customs Management and Compliance & Risk Management.