News By Tag
* Moving Industry
* More Industries...
News By Location
Discover America’s Most Family-Friendly Cities
For anyone who’s considering a move with children, it’s essential to find out whether the new area is family-friendly. Parenting.com recently released its annual survey of the most family-friendly cities in the United States.
The list: Great places to raise a family
While some of these family-friendly cities are expected, others may come as a surprise. Here are the top 10 best areas for families:
10. Sioux Falls, South Dakota. With a lower-than-average unemployment rate and a strong housing market, this waterfront city has a 10-mile walking trail and a 100-year-old farmers’ market.
9. Omaha, Nebraska. This city is home to an avalanche of kid-friendly activities, such as the Omaha Summer Arts Festival and the Omaha Zoo, which houses the country’s biggest indoor rainforest. There’s also a minimal commute time to anywhere in the city.
8. Madison, Wisconsin. Low crime, low unemployment, and plenty of trails and parks await Madison movers.
6. Arlington, Virginia, and Washington DC. This area has an undeserved reputation for crime and poor school performance. There are actually several top schools for DC and Arlington movers to choose from, and an incredibly low unemployment rate.
5. Cheyenne, Wyoming. With low crime, great schools, and outdoor activities ranging from fishing to horseback riding, this city is the home of the week-long Cheyenne’s Frontier Days.
4. Austin, Texas. Nearly all of the events in the Live Music Capital of the World are family-friendly, and kids are encouraged to participate.
3. Portland, Maine. Clean air, lots of outdoor space, low crime, and short commutes in a coastal town make this New England city attractive to families.
2. Burlington, Vermont. A city that encourages healthy living, Burlington offers year-round outdoor fun and a Farm 2 School program that serves fresh local veggies in schools, and brings kids on field trips to area farms.
1. Boston, Massachusetts. Boston movers will find a great educational environment for kids, from before-school exercise programs to prestigious scholarship opportunities.
About E-Z Movers
E-Z Movers, Inc., founded in 1997, is a professional full-service moving company based in Chicago, Illinois. In addition to providing exceptional service for movers in Chicagoland and across the country, the company is heavily involved with the community, and helps to support the Susan G. Komen Foundation. Learn more at www.e-zmovers.com.