News By Tag
* Delhi rape case
* Nirbhaya Damini
* Women Safety
* Hawktrack Angel Foundation
* Indian women
* More Tags...
News By Place
Hawktrack GPS Tracking & CCTV Solutions, a Knoxx Global Australia venture launches Angel Foundation
Driven by Delhi gang rape case to own social responsibility and as a tribute to the young girl who was killed in this inhuman assault, Hawktrack announced formation of Hawktrack Angel Foundation (HAF) in India from April 2013.
What purpose would the Hawktrack Angel Foundation (HAF) serve?
"HAF will be offering a limited number of free personal tracking devices every month to lucky women in India (chosen out of lucky draw) to secure them from the likes of Delhi mishap. However the number of devices to be given free every month will increase with time. These devices have been named as 'Nirbhaya Damini'. There will be no monthly fee for these devices. The only nominal cost for the user shall be the SIM card that she will be paying directly to the mobile phone company", according to Mr Ajay Pal Singh.
HAF has also invited like-minded companies and 'Angel Citizens of India' to join hands with it to sponsor and distribute additional 'Nirbhaya Damini' devices to Indian women.
How does a personal tracking device ensure safety for the women?
"This is how a personal tracking system works", explained Mr Jaap Dua, Chief Architect and Technical Head of Hawktrack project:
• It is a small device in the shape of a pendant or wrist watch which can be worn by a woman on her body without anybody noticing. It can also be kept in their purses, pockets or bags. So the device can be operated secretly as and when situation demands.
• The device can store mobile numbers of three guardians who can be contacted in a difficult situation by pressing single button just like speed dial.
• The device also has a PANIC BUTTON which when pressed sends an alert to the local police and three guardians whose number is stored in the device simultaneously to notify them of an emergency situation like that of Delhi mishap.The alert would mention the location of the person along with a web link which is supposed to be used to follow the route of the victim's location live in case she is being forced to move.
• The police or the guardians upon receiving the alert can call the device which gets connected secretly. The caller can then listen with in 10 meter radius of the device any conversation or sound that is happening. That can help the caller assess the gravity of the situation. The caller, say police, upon getting exact idea about location and the seriousness of the situation, is expected to depute their PCR vans without loss of time to ensure situation from turning further ugly.
What is the guarantee police will launch the rescue operations immediately?
As per Mr Ajay Pal Singh, though Hawktrack cannot ensure the working of the police, yet this device will certainly influence them to act promptly. The reason being, every alert that goes to police and guardian of the victim is stored on the net as proof that the police control room was informed at such and such time, how long they took to respond etc. With them being accountable, if they don't act promptly they will be answerable to the court of law. Moreover, we will be coordinating with the relevant Government authorities to persue and train police departments as to how to respond and analyse to the situation quickly in case of such emergency alerts.
How is the privacy of the woman using it assured? Will someone be stalking her where ever she goes?
"Hawktrack respects the privacy of each and every individual and has developed specialised platform for the users", according to Mr Jaap Dua. As per him the device to be used by the women shall be communicating to the platform directly through the system and without involvement of any human being. Even upon pressing the panic or SOS button, the alert and the link for real time (live) tracking that goes to the police will be automatically generated by the system just like passwords and alerts generated by banks. So there is no chance of someone stalking the user.
How can someone register for free device?
The procedure to register with Hawktrack Angel Foundation shall be announced shortly.
Page Updated Last on: Feb 21, 2013