News By Tag
News By Location
ART beCAUSE Breast Cancer Foundation Comments on the Report, "Breast Cancer & The Environment..."
Art beCAUSE Breast Cancer Foundation Comments on Federal Report, “Breast Cancer & the Environment; Prioritizing Prevention" Announces Events to fund its Seed the Scientist Grant Program supporting research into environmental causes of breast cancer
Ellie Anbinder, Art beCAUSE Breast Cancer Foundation’s (ABCBCF) Founder, Executive Director and Breast Cancer Survivor says about the report, “Well, it’s about time! Hope and Cure are not enough. This report further validates our steadfast mission: Research monies must be directed to the scientists devoted to finding the environmental CAUSEs of breast cancer, such as chemicals, pesticides, and other pollutants. Then, and only then will it be possible to eradicate the disease.”
· Since 1945 women diagnosed with breast cancer has alarmingly jumped from 1-in-25 women cancer to 1-in-8 in 2013.
· The American Cancer Society (ACS) estimates that in 2013, over 232,000 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer, and nearly 40,000 will die.
· Men are being diagnosed with breast cancer at an equally alarming rate - about 2,240 diagnoses and over 400 deaths are estimated to occur this year according to the ACS.
According to Anbinder, “Since its inception in 2001, ABCBCF has funded nearly $200,000 in scientific research in several labs in the US, including Silent Spring Institute, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine and University of Rochester.”
To further fund this and new research projects, Art beCAUSE Breast Cancer Foundation is holding several public events in the near future
• Celebrity-studded Spring 2013 Fashion Presentation and Cocktail Party (https://www.dropbox.com/
• Boston Marathon (https://friendraising.towercare.com/
•A Zumbathon (http://www.abzumbathon.org/
“Proceeds from these events will support our sole mission to underwrite research into the environmental causes of the disease with the goal of prevention and ultimately, eradication,”
More information about the Foundation and registration for all of these events is available at ArtbeCAUSE.org or by clicking the links above.
ABOUT ART beCAUSE™ BREAST CANCER FOUNDATION
Art beCAUSE Breast Cancer Foundation (ABCBCF) was founded in 2000 by breast cancer survivor Ellie Anbinder and Joyce Creiger, art consultant, with the sole mission of raising money to support research devoted to exposing the environmental causes of breast cancer. With funds raised through a variety of fundraising activities, ABCBCF has granted nearly $200,000 to scientists dedicated to this research. “Seed the Scientists (https://www.artbecause.org/