News By Tag
News By Place
10 Tips To Prevent Mold - Mold Remediation Offer
Mold can be dangerous. Mold can cause health problems that range from itching eyes, sneezing and coughing to serious allergic reactions, asthma attacks and even permanent lung damage.
Mold Prevention Tips:
1. Fix leaky plumbing and leaks in the building envelop as soon as possible
2. Watch for condensation and wet spots
3. Fix sources of moisture problems as soon as possible
4. Prevent moisture caused by condensation by increasing surface temperature or reducing the moisture level in the air (Humidity)
5. Insulate or increase air circulation to increase surface temperature
6. Keep heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning drip pans clean, flowing properly, and unobstructed
7. Vent moisture-generating appliances, such as dryers, to the outside where possible
8. Maintain low indoor humidity, below 60% relative humidity, ideally 30 to 50%, if possible
9. Adhere to a regular schedule of building/HVAC inspections and maintenance
10. Provide drainage outside foundation walls, and slope the ground away from the foundation to speed drying after rainfalls
About Kern Special Services Mold Removal Services
Timothy S. Clark founded Kern Special Services (KSS) in the summer of 1987 to rehabilitate old apartment complexes for large property holders. In 1990, the company officially expanded into the emergency services field after working with several of its clients to meet their emergency service’s needs.
After five years of substantial growth, KSS added remediation and reconstruction services to their rapidly expanding business model. Then, during the boom in the new residential construction market, Timothy formed a partnership with Robert Thomason, a Bakersfield native and contractor since 1965, to form Thomason & Clark building high end custom homes. However, despite the rapid growth of the partnership, Mr. Clark made a difficult but strategic decision to concentrate solely on the KSS business which experienced consistent growth year after year by focusing on its core business of remediation and reconstruction services.
In 2008, KSS saw an opportunity to complement their emergency services by adding pack out, storage, and cleaning capabilities to the list of services they offer. With the creation of their Contents Division, KSS became one of the first full service Restoration and Remediation companies in all of Kern County.
Today, KSS continues its growth and stability by investing in both its employees and the latest industry technology. All KSS employees are Industry Certified. They are also trained in the current standards and use the most technologically advanced equipment in Kern County. But KSS doesn’t stop there; they continually evaluate and upgrade industry leading software, hire professional team members, and provide internal training programs to be able to offer the best customer service possible.
The KSS team lives and works by their motto, “Making disaster temporary and restoration permanent”.
Call us Toll Free at 1.877.933.6379 for a Free mold removal and mold remediation Estimate.