Hollywood Theater in Dormont to Host International Grindhouse Festival
13 Hour Film Program to Benefit Theater's Digital Projection Campaign
Movies tentatively scheduled to be shown include:
• Savage! (aka Back Valor, 1973 Philippines)
• Angels from Hell (1968 USA)
• Wolf-Devil Woman (Lang nu bai mo aka Wolfen Ninja, 1982 Taiwan)
• The Killing Machine (Shôrinji kenpô, 1976 Japan)
• Weapons of Death (Napoli spara!, 1977 Italy)
• Massacre Time (Le colt cantarono la morte e fu...tempo di massacre aka The Brute and the Beast, 1966 Italy)
• Pieces (Mil gritos tiene la noche, 1982 Spain)
• The Big Bust Out (Io monaca...per tre carogne e sette peccatrici, 1972 Italy/West Germany)
• Ilsa, the Tigress of Siberia (1977 Canada)
Admission to the event will be $15 for an all-day pass, or $5 for a single movie. Doors open at 11:00 AM, with the first feature beginning at 11:30 AM. There will also be a select number of vendors on hand in the theater’s lobby and lower level, selling a wide range of movie-related items such as DVDs, books, records, magazines, posters, T-shirts, and original works of art.
Although many are unrated, all films being shown during the event are R in nature. No children under 17 will be admitted unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
The Hollywood Theater is located at 1449 Potomac Avenue (15216). Free parking is available at metered spots on Potomac and surrounding streets or metered public lots on Espy and Glenmore Avenues. The theater is located less than two blocks from the Potomac Avenue light rail station.