Dorian Gonsalves appointed to Board of TPO
Belvoir Lettings is delighted to announce that CEO Dorian Gonsalves has been appointed to the Board of Directors of The Property Ombudsman (TPO).
“I am looking forward to representing franchisees and the lettings industry and providing input and offering solutions to help improve the experience of landlords and tenants when dealing with a lettings agency.
“The TPO also has the ear of Government ministers and is in a position to help influence policy regarding consumer redress for clients in their transactions with both estate agents and lettings agents.
“At present it is not mandatory for lettings agents to have membership of an ombudsman scheme, although this is the case for estate agents. Belvoir, which has almost 150 offices across the UK, practices self-regulation through membership of NALS and property ombudsman schemes.”
Belvoir Lettings now have more than 140 offices nationwide. To find your nearest Belvoir office, visit their website at www.belvoirlettings.com (http://www.belvoirlettings.com)
NOTES TO EDITORS
· Belvoir was founded in February 1995 by Mike and Stephanie Goddard. Its Central Office is in Grantham, Lincolnshire.
· Mike was chairman of the bfa for three consecutive years and is currently Director of International Affairs. He also sits on the board of the Property Ombudsman.
· Belvoir is recognised as one of the largest specialist lettings agency franchises in the UK, with 140+ franchises nationwide and aims to have 200 franchises in the next three years.
· Belvoir was officially awarded the Best Lettings Agency Franchise – Gold Award at the 2012 Lettings Agency of the Year Awards in association with The Sunday Times & The Times. Belvoir also won the Silver Award in 2011 and Gold in 2010.
· Belvoir won Brand Builder of the Year at the bfa Franchisor of the Year Awards 2011 and Best Marketing Campaign of the Year at the Franchise Marketing Association (FMA) Awards 2011.
· Belvoir is a founder member of the SAFEagent Kitemark scheme, which is fully supported by NALS. SAFEagent promotes client money protection (CMP) and provides consumers with a clear message on those agents they should do business with.
· Belvoir successfully listed on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange on 21st February, 2012.
For further information, or to request an interview with a Belvoir Lettings expert, please contact Andrea McHugh at Headlines Journalism, tel: 01476 567438,
07940 930 331 or email: email@example.com