News By Tag
News By Location
How to Be a Successful Independent Medical Sales Representative
Our highly-experienced independent medical sales team can help your company launch a new medical device or revive an existing product line with great success!
The roles of a successful independent medical sales rep
1. Leverage relationships. Independent medical sales reps cover a broad field for all products. Their key functions include promoting the company's products and maintaining relationships with various customers. The key to a very successful independent sales rep is relationships!
2. Product promotion. A great product is successful when the right people are made aware of its value and existence. The independent medical sale rep accelerates product promotion and profit.
3. Product Expertise. Interested surgeons want a knowledgeable resource by their side as they learn a new product. It is mutually important to know the benefits of your product as well as having an understanding of you competitor’s product.
4. Service accounts and surgeons. When you provide exceptional service to your clients as well as keep them informed regarding upcoming events relating to your product or the competitor’s product, they will start to trust you more and more. On the other hand, if they observe the service as poor, they will actively seek the competition.
5. Control your destiny. As an independent medical sales rep, you must plan your sales calls and work the plan. Set weekly goals, create accountability and execute.
Independent Medical sales reps are an extremely important factor for any small to midsize manufacturer who wants to launch innovative medical product. The independent model can surge sells from day one as they are very well connected in the medical community.
How do you distinguish between manufacturer's reps or independent medical sales rep?
First of all, it's important to understand how the independent sales model can be beneficial to your organizational growth. One of the most important things that an independent medical sales rep has to offer is their existing customer base. Independent medical sales reps have established relationships with their customers, and can quickly impact your organizations bottom line. Essentially, since they already know the customer, it's easier for them to sell your product than it would be for you to do it yourself. Particularly, if you are looking to penetrate a region, or a new market place. The independent sales model is impactful and worthwhile if you are a small to midsize medical manufacturer looking to launch or revive an existing product line.
Independent sales reps tend to have fairly low overhead, since they require very little to sell your product. The direct costs associated with contracting new reps are essentially just those related to training them with your product, and providing the sales tools they need. They can also suggest innovative ideas you may or may not know about your products. Most principals focus their direct sales efforts within certain geographic area. Basically, they can open your business in ways you may not have anticipated, due to their relationships as well as their exposure to the market place.
With all that said, using independentreps seems like a no brainer, right? Well, there are a few disadvantages as well that you need to be aware of before you decide to start placing your independent reps. First of all, you won't have direct control of the activities of any rep that is selling your product, short of simply terminating your agreement with them. It can also sometimes be difficult to keep track of them. Because of this, you want to make sure you're very clear with your expectations with your independent reps. While you don't want to assume that sales reps will try to take advantage of you, you need to make sure that you're covered in case of any mishaps. When giving an unaffiliated person the right to distribute your product, you need to make sure they will represent your company in a professional manner.
In addition, independent sales reps represent multiple products. While this is part of the independent sales reps strength, as it permits them to sell medical products to their current call points. As with all businesses, recruiting successful independent medical sales reps are vital to the success of your business. MedTele Inc. does the heavy lifting of screening independent reps, takes the speculation outand assures your success!
Leveraging independent medical sales reps to drive sales results is MedTele’s business model!
MedTele Inc. offers small to mid-size medical device manufacturers the opportunity to introduce new and existing product lines to medical specialists, hospitals, and surgical centers through our dedicated highly experienced Independent medical Sales and Marketing Team.
MedTele Inc. target markets are:
Cardiovascular and Vascular Surgery
As a result, our highly-experienced independent medical sales team@( http://www.medteleinc.com ) can help your company launch a new medical device or revive an existing product line with great success!