News By Tag
News By Location
Webinar: Online Contests - Using Social Media and the Impact of the CASL
Up-to-the-minute comprehensive guidance on managing all legal rules, risks and policies related to online contests and promotions.
When: 1:00 - 3:00 pm (EST) on March 7, 2013
Learn valuable lessons from the latest case studies and horror stories! Three advertising and marketing law specialists answer your most pressing questions and offer practical guidance on:
- How to make sure your Official Rules are readily accessible
- How to draft contest rules that are clear and compliant
- What the legal ramifications could be of using third party applications
- How to comply with the new requirements under the CASL
- How to minimize the risk of cheating voters and hacking
- How to ensure your mobile/text contest follows the regulations
- What specific requirements are for using Facebook and Twitter
Speakers: Brenda Pritchard, Partner, Gowling Lafleur Henderson LLP, Daniel Cole, Gowling Lafleur, Henderson LLP and Chris Oates, Gowling Lafleur Henderson LLP
For more information or to register:
The Canadian Institute is proud to offer this new oofj affordable and convenient way for busy legal practitioners to fulfill their CPD requirements and stay abreast of the latest legal issues. Participate live online as it happens – right from your office, home or mobile device – with the ability to pose questions in real time. You will also get access to the recorded videos which you can listen or view at your convenience if interrupted.
About The Canadian Institute: For over 25 years, The Canadian Institute’s conferences, summits and executive briefings have provided the business intelligence that Canadian decision makers need to respond to challenges and opportunities both here at home, and around the world. Headquartered in Toronto, The Canadian Institute produces over 180 events a year, attended by thousands of senior and C-level delegates from across the country. For more information, visit www.CanadianInstitute.com.